New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 8, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #1,111 of 1,792
Oh! I do like this! Far less heinous.

-~::Pinky Approved::~-

May 8, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #1,114 of 1,792
yea! The newest update is easy to navigate, but it's a little too bright, on my screen it's kinda hard to see where the text boxes start... as everything is white

It could be just me, but it seems better to me in this regard than the previous layout. Still a bit bright (can't wait for the promised dark theme!), but the extra differentiation between individual posts really helps. A few things still stick out (like the too-light heading for "Share This Page" or the oddly vibrant quote boxes), but these are minor issues, particularly in the face of the navigation and layout gains the new changes offer.

May 8, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #1,115 of 1,792
Oh I see. An update just happened. No wonder things changed in a blink.

Was the "Go To First Unread" button removed? That was a great button. Now I have to scroll to find where I last read in the thread. Was it bugging some people and hence removed? Can't imagine why.

May 8, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #1,116 of 1,792
Oh I see. An update just happened. No wonder things changed in a blink.

Was the "Go To First Unread" button removed? That was a great button. Now I have to scroll to find where I last read in the thread. Was it bugging some people and hence removed? Can't imagine why.

Still here for me. Maybe it only appears when it actually has something to do?

EDIT: Confirmed. That's exactly what happens.

May 8, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #1,117 of 1,792
Good progress on the mobile UX!
Appreciate the hard work :beerchug:

May 8, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #1,118 of 1,792
When you click a member's user name in a post, it brings up a preview instead of going to their profile. Looks like this:

click.png

(You have to open the link in a new tab to go directly to the profile without the preview.)

May 8, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #1,119 of 1,792
Seems to be a problem with the page navigation bar on this thread. the button for page 74 is clipped. Same for other pages, same button position is clipped. This is using MS Internet Exploder.
upload_2017-5-8_22-33-14.png

Last edited:
May 8, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #1,121 of 1,792
Still here for me. Maybe it only appears when it actually has something to do?

EDIT: Confirmed. That's exactly what happens.

It wasn't at first, but now it seems to be so on my comp. Maybe it just took a while to 'stabilise'. Phew! Glad it's still there. Thank you for confirming it!

May 8, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #1,123 of 1,792
The clipping issue with the page numbers was picked up on a little earlier in the thread by Axel. It's reportedly on the shortlist to get debugged.

May 8, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #1,124 of 1,792
Oh, so this is where everyone comes to complain about the new platform. jk

I use mostly from a laptop using latest Firefox browser. My biggest gripe is the tiny fonts everywhere. Some are tiny. Some are super-tiny, and just above the threshold of comfortably readable. Sure I can zoom in on the page, but it zooms everything, so not the ideal solution. I'd love it if the fonts and icons were a bit bigger. Also, it needs more contrast. The gray background for posts is too light. The blue background for quotes is too light. Finally, would love help notes next to each option under settings. Honestly don't know what some of the new settings are supposed to do.

I'm not loving this new platform like the last one, but I know it'll improve, I'll get used to it, and hopefully like it as much as the last one, eventually.

Thanks for all the hard work the team has and continues to put into this transition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back