New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #751 of 1,792
You got to be kidding! How cumbersome is that, especially if you are on mobile? Didn't anyone realise that the "search within thread" feature was probably the most used feature in the whole site?

Actually, when it comes to keywords, searching within the thread on-site just brought up random results for me instead of giving what I was searching for. The only way for me to get exact results was by using a search engine.

As for mobile...I don't even use phones, so I don't understand the needs or mindset of mobile users. If I want to do something, I use a computer.

Just noticed we use the same speakers!

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #752 of 1,792
The first day I saw the new update, I was shocked by the change. The navigation was one thing, but I couldn't live with the obtrusive adds. I was seriously reexamining my dedication to Head-Fi, as I think many others were.

But fair is fair, the Head-Fi team seems to be working very hard and listening to the feedback. I can at least post in Google Chrome again, and the add at the top and to the right seems to be gone in the threads (at least for now). Sure there is still a lot of work to be done, but if they somehow manage to make the access to subscriptions more fluid I can already live with the change.

We've been b*tching here a lot (which I think was absolutely justified), but it's also more than fair to compliment them on the progress. I feel confident they will be making some major strides for the layout in the coming week, taking the community's feedback into account.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #753 of 1,792
Might want to update the FAQ page

About the Huddler Platform

1. What is the Huddler.com platform?
  2. I have a great feature idea for you guys - who should I talk to?
  3. I would love to convert my site to the Huddler platform! Who do I talk to?

Apr 30, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #754 of 1,792
Actually, when it comes to keywords, searching within the thread on-site just brought up random results for me instead of giving what I was searching for. The only way for me to get exact results was by using a search engine.

As for mobile...I don't even use phones, so I don't understand the needs or mindset of mobile users. If I want to do something, I use a computer.

Just noticed we use the same speakers!
Unfortunately, I'm on the road quite a lot, therefore mobile use is essential for me.. BTW, great desktop speakers, best price/quality ratio by far!

Apr 30, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #755 of 1,792
The icon for the forums now shows XenForo. Googling shows their site:

"A compelling community experience. Intuitive. Social. Engaging. Fast. XenForo brings a fresh outlook to forum software."

Intuitive? Give me a break!!!

Apr 30, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #756 of 1,792

"A compelling community experience. Intuitive. Social. Engaging. Fast. XenForo brings a fresh outlook to forum software."

Perhaps after a few weeks of intensive modifications, the jury is still out on that.

Apr 30, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #761 of 1,792
Btw, does anybody know how to get back to the mobile view on mobile? I pressed desktop view by accident when I was trying to search for something and can't get it back..

Workaround in case the 'Head-Fi.org Mobile Site' button doesn't work (and sometimes it just doesn't):

Click on 'My Profile'. Go to 'Preferences' on the left.
Now you can adjust the 'Style' on top. Click 'Save Changes'
Done :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #762 of 1,792
Please move the "My Profile" from the bottom of the page to the top of the page.

Preferably to the left or the right of the search button.

Thanks...

Apr 30, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #764 of 1,792

Yes, the missed the mark there by not calling it Xenophobe, as it seems to hate people in general.

Xenophobe and heAD FI, unbeatable combo.

Apr 30, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #765 of 1,792
The light gray font is very hard to read on a white background. How about going with black? Also, I don't want to have to scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "My Profile" to see the list of my subscribed threads. How about putting that right on top?

Subscriptions are shown in the upper right in the header now! We have links to both unread subscriptions and all subscriptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back