New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #766 of 1,792
Perhaps after a few weeks of intensive modifications, the jury is still out on that.
The jury might be out on how "good" or "bad" this newer forum is, but there is just no way that anyone would EVER call this forum's implementation as "intuitive". NONE. ZILCH. ZERO. It is just *not* intuitive. Think about how you figure out how to change your profile's settings...

Apr 30, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #767 of 1,792
I love the " Go to first unread " new feature, but I am very sad that :

- The gallery from the curent thread is not visible anymore.
- The "search within thread" does seems to not exist anymore ?

Also, on a personal note, I wonder why under my avatar people can read "I have a question" rather than +1000 ?

--> HOW CAN I GET RID OF THIS STUPID " I have a question " BASE LINE ? I want to restore the "posted thread count" instead...

Capture d’écran 2017-04-30 à 19.51.36.png

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #769 of 1,792
Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #770 of 1,792
Honestly, several days later and I'm still underwhelmed with the lack of proper search in threads, I miss the old simple number counts of new posts in a thread, zero reviews linked to my profile (not that I have that many), and mobile use is PITA - my opera has been complaining about lack of certificates the whole week and head-fi kept constantly crashing my browser and causing lag to my phone

Apr 30, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #771 of 1,792
Two items on Likes
1) any plans on adding back the comments attached to the like function?
2) I got an undefined security error when trying to like a second post on the same page on mobile using Safari.

Feature Requests:
1) Scroll to bottom button/arrow
2) Go to subscriptions link not 3 pages/clicks in

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #772 of 1,792
Honestly, several days later and I'm still underwhelmed with the lack of proper search in threads, I miss the old simple number counts of new posts in a thread, zero reviews linked to my profile (not that I have that many), and mobile use is PITA - my opera has been complaining about lack of certificates the whole week and head-fi kept constantly crashing my browser and causing lag to my phone

We still have many improvements, and we're working to do more every day. (See Jude's post here.) But, please try clearing your browser cache and restart your browser, and let me know if you still get a certificate error. The error should be corrected. If it still persists, could you PM me a screenshot of the error?

Apr 30, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #773 of 1,792
Well here's my opinion:

Pros:
  • Pages load a lot faster now.
Cons:
  • Website doesn't have a premium feel to it, as if it was made from a stock template. Especially the icons in the forums that look fairly bland.
  • Not a fan of the text-filled boxes with blurred backgrounds on the main page, I feel less compelled to click on them. Just give me a title and a fancy picture of the product.

Apr 30, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #774 of 1,792
Unfortunately, I'm on the road quite a lot, therefore mobile use is essential for me.. BTW, great desktop speakers, best price/quality ratio by far!

Yeah, I know some need that.

Mine are on stands, plus they're on the larger side for smaller speakers, so I don't think of them as desktop speakers although I did use them on a table for the first few days. hehe

Can we get time stamps on PMs please, as well as time stamps on when a person was last online.
Thanks

What do you mean by time stamps on PMs? Just like posts, you can see the date under the message, and if it's recent, you can see the time. As for seeing when someone was last online, most profiles show that near the top, but it can be removed in preferences.

Please move the "My Profile" from the bottom of the page to the top of the page.

I still have yet to see a My Profile button anywhere. Incidentally, my home page is set to my Head-Fi profile.

Apr 30, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #777 of 1,792
Well, those aggressive Noble Audio ads don't show anymore for me, either. The site is still pretty much Ad-fi, though. Too much, for anyone's taste, I think. Thankfully, there's easy remedies for that.

But, to give credit where credit is due - the user experience has improved a lot since few days back where it was almost unusable (for me at least).

Apr 30, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #779 of 1,792
How do I bump my offerings?Where does it tell me how long until I can bump as it did in the previous version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back