New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 28, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #649 of 1,792
I promise you'll be seeing continuous adjustments, optimizations, feature restorations, and fixes.

Thank you for your patience and constructive feedback.

Jude,

I'm perfectly willing to sit through bugs and a loss of functionality due to a forced software change.

However, you have lost any goodwill or patience I (and many, many others) have through the incredibly intrusive and over the top ads. I can say for certain that if the ads were this gross and huge when I first visited the site, I never would have come back. And no, I'm not referring to the "dating type ads" in particular, but the fact that half of my screen space seems devoted to sponsors. Why is this necessary now when it clearly wasn't before?

By all means, monetize the site, but this is far beyond the pale.

Do you have any response to this?

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #651 of 1,792
Will there be a fix for the mobile soon? Im unable to log in most of the time as it thinks this is a unsafe site now. Also, why am I getting emails on my private email address when ever some one posts something in a thread that I belong to?

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #652 of 1,792
hmm, I don't know how I feel about the new site. The feel looks clean and the forums are nice but the classifieds are a little weird and to be honest. I am not the happy about how the feedback looks. It would be nice to see the feedback next to the names or even the buyer/seller percentage (like eBay) underneath somewhere. the new way of submitting feedback is nice

what happen to the PM's? I had them in folders and kept track of personal convos vs sell/buy convos. now they are all jumbled up. Thats a big negative there guys, come on. I am being a little over drastic and just messing around. but seriously. its a little bit of a mess now

Not really that big of a fan of the seller postings either. ....little Messy

Listen @jude and others that own and admin this site. I know this new development for the site is exciting and I know you all did this in the best of interest of your loyal community. However I do have to say It would be best to maybe do a think-tank or focus group next time to try out the new layout. maybe alpha or beta testers. then knock out some of the bugs and discrepancies that the site may have. Drastic changes turn into drastic PR nightmares.

I would maybe suggest that you go back to the old layout/site and start from there, Slowly. I hope you guys have a backup of that somewhere. Some Server somewhere. Then slowly implement in the changes.

This drastic change can cause a turn over that could possibly hurt the community and the net revenue that the site generates cause of all the confusion. Change is great. But the word to the wise.

When you have a huge ship. You have to turn it slowly. Turn it to fast and it will heel, capsize, and founder

Please don't be upset by some of us that seem to be a little blindsided by this. I know from me I am just wanting to help the community and give a little feedback. I am not trying to get banned at all.

Thanks for reading

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #653 of 1,792
This drastic change can cause a turn over that could possibly hurt the community and the net revenue that the site generates cause of all the confusion. Change is great. But the word to the wise.

Thanks for reading

I would love to be wrong, but all evidence is that the transition to the new software is also serving as an excuse for a massive ramp-up of advertising in a quick cash-grab that will eventually drive away users from the site.

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #654 of 1,792
Mm...transition is easier now. I am familiar with Xenforo which is used by another forum where I am active. The implementation here is a bit different but I can always learn. Now, it is easier to navigate than a couple of days ago. Hoping the changes and adjustments will come soon. Looking forward to a bug-free experience....

As for the ads, that's the price of participating in a free (no membership fee) forum. Other forums also have advertisement. With the exception of the dating sites, I have no problem with it (I can live with it). It is an indispensable means to keep this forum viable. I am here for:

1. User reviews/impressions of headfi gear
2. A chance to interact with fellow headfiers from around the world.
3. Breaking news about upcoming headfi gear (I am excited about the new Stax totl amp!)
4. Buy pre-owned headfi gear.
5. Learn about headfi stuff and enrich my personal knowledge about headfi matters.

None of the above is impaired by the transition to Xenforo other than the understandable bugs during this transition. In due time, I am very sure that the kinks will be ironed out.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #655 of 1,792
I would love to be wrong, but all evidence is that the transition to the new software is also serving as an excuse for a massive ramp-up of advertising in a quick cash-grab that will eventually drive away users from the site.

I'm old school. If I have to go through a bunch of ads to get somewhere. I'm out.
I just have to say. Remember where your roots are and how you got to be where you are now. Remeber the community. Without us. There is no site

Apr 29, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #656 of 1,792
contrast is BAD ,, guys ,, some color will be very helpful ..

Apr 29, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #657 of 1,792
Anybody know how to delete or cancel an ad?

I suppose I could "report" it to the Mods and ask them to cancel it...

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017 at 3:10 AM Post #660 of 1,792
I've read the tutorial about my "community profile" but was unable to find an answer to my question. Also, my question may sound silly but seriously, I'm not sure what the new format wants me to write when it asks for my "Status". Does the question refer to my personal status as in, married or single ? or what ? Hope someone can help out on this mostly because it's bugging me. Thank you. It'll take time for me personally to adjust to the new site but hey, cest la vie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back