New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 28, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #589 of 1,792
One thing I did want to ask months ago but forgot and am now remembered by the new design:
How do I delete showcase items?
Another thing, yesterday I could edit my profile, not the showcase, now I seem to have lost this option?
P.s. Getting used to the new site is going well.

Apr 28, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #590 of 1,792
This is XenForo and all forums powered by VB4 reduced to ashes with this but when carefully planned update happens they did somewhat better but ofc XenForo can't compare to the Huddler/Wikia or VB4 ever.

Before you plan a massive change, Please let the people know how it's going to be done in proper steps.

- Provide a Moderator thread to see the progress overtime, with phases alongside how data is going to be migrated.
- Provide the user feedback thread, okay it exists but there are so many threads as of now (2 & 3) which has so many user opinions voiced out.

This forced update without prior information and in your face advertisements and 200% breakdown of UX, Features, makes people forced to leave this forum..The user base is what makes a community tight knit and stand out unique and high profile.

Back in 2011 to until now this forum was the best (Been a member on many forums), hands down classy and well made. Looking at it now is so utterly stressful and depressing, took the best of the forums and completely reduced to cinders. Period.

Makes me feel so sad..I really really wish that we roll back...

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #591 of 1,792
I can understand the ads... even though the atmosphere is too commercialized and just too much real estate on every page, up and down, both sides... Cheap! But the provocative ads with people half naked? Those sites are available for the people who want them at where they know to go. Why here?! Are there any minors here? Any offended female members? Just tasteless and simply no class.

Newsflash. The ads are based on your browsing history. What you are seeing is what you have shown an interest in. Everyone sees different things. The ads I see are about electronics. Guess why.

Apr 28, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #592 of 1,792
Well, my first classified since the surprise update went well. Set up a sale within four hours! (And, despite making a "sale pending" post, had to tell someone else that it is no longer available, since we can't close the threads at the moment.)

Has anyone been succesful trying to change his 'Personal Details' so far?
I've tried it a few times now, but even with the slightest adjustement (just a couple of characters) I keep getting this message:

[The following error occured:
]

Were you able to make all the changes you wanted? I've had no problems updating my profile.

Wonder how much he has input to charity? Kevlar vests distributed to the 'hood perhaps :)

This made me LOL.

From one of the few manga's I have ever read and that only because the original anime film was so utterly brilliant comes the following quote.

When my favorite manga was made into an anime, they removed most of the epic plot and replaced it with more comedy and so on. I saw the anime first and do like it, but the manga is like ten times better.

Searching within a specific thread is not something that's currently implemented, but it's something that we have on our list.

My top feature request is to bring back the detailed chronological list (on profiles) of threads you've posted in.

Without this, I have no way of knowing which threads I've posted in (but have not subscribed to) have been updated unless I manually go to each of them. (I don't want to subscribe to every thread I post in.)

Can you (or anyone else working in the background) confirm that this is coming back?

It would also be nice if an error didn't come up when you try to upload a new avatar.

It appears that in an information based society we are constantly being distracted from the actual information by childish ploys to click on the bright shiny thing.

A real site would if they absolutely have to, put the ads on the main pages and NOT have them in thread/post views.

So true.

I dunno about that... Most forums have plenty of ads on every page. Not to brag, but I wouldn't have been able to turn one or two hundred bucks into over $3,000 in a single day (on a non-audio forum I advertised on back when I did that type of marketing years ago) if that wasn't the case.

How do I add to the showcase? I had a lot of content that got lost,

I quoted you before and asked you to be more specific as to what you want to do.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #593 of 1,792
Your opinions about this update?

My first reaction was something like this:

61712264.jpg

Please revert to previous version.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Thank you.

Apr 28, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #595 of 1,792
I'm hoping the search within a thread feature gets reinstated soon-ish. It's one of the things I used a lot in the old site.

+1

Search is huge.

Apr 28, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #596 of 1,792
Are showcase items supposed to be where our reviews are stored? I mean, I can find them manually, but they're not in my profile.

Right now, it's showing items you've added, but we're working on changing that to reviews.

I browse the site in both my PC and Mobile...Now even on my PC my viewing is stuck in Mobile format...I used to see the button to switch to different browsing modes, but now it's gone.

You can click in the upper-right of the mobile experience to get the menu. At the bottom, there's a link to switch to desktop view.

Also, I have lost all my previously uploaded pictures. Are they going to come back?

This is the only gallery I'm seeing at the moment, but I'm investigating further. Please send me a Conversation/PM with some more details on what you're seeing as missing, and I'll do what I can to investigate.

My name is Redcarmoose and I still am not able to log in. Is it possible people are still not able to log in with their original password?

Send me a Conversation message, or email me (joe at head-fi) and I'll take a look.

Has anyone been succesful trying to change his 'Personal Details' so far?
I've tried it a few times now, but even with the slightest adjustement (just a couple of characters) I keep getting this message:

[The following error occured:

Is this the only field you're seeing this restriction on? I'm taking a look now.

Apr 28, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #597 of 1,792
Were you able to make all the changes you wanted? I've had no problems updating my profile.

Nope...even when I try to delete or add one or two characters I get an (max 50) error

Is this the only field you're seeing this restriction on? I'm taking a look now.

Yes! Just tried to change my signature and that worked without a problem.
Thanks!

Btw, this is the error message:
HF Error.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #598 of 1,792
Newsflash. The ads are based on your browsing history. What you are seeing is what you have shown an interest in. Everyone sees different things. The ads I see are about electronics. Guess why.
Maybe for you but I have a string of 24 Noble IEMs on the right side and have never searched IEMs or belonged to IEM threads, etc. At the bottom I see a couple familiar brands but at least one I've never heard of, "linum"?

Apr 28, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #599 of 1,792
7 years of HF addiction , all day talking about daps and ciems and what i should buy next

I was feeling hopeless , like no way an I gonna become 'normal' again

Well, all it needed for me to heal was a ****ed up site renovation

Genius - hell i may even find myself a woman next

Bravo.

Apr 28, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #600 of 1,792
Maybe for you but I have a string of 24 Noble IEMs on the right side and have never searched IEMs or belonged to IEM threads, etc. At the bottom I see a couple familiar brands but at least one I've never heard of, "linum"?

I, and I suspect everyone else has the Noble's. I believe it is some of the other ads that are unique to you.

I guess Noble must be selling those things by the truckload now, good luck to them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back