New Gear on the way - Grado sr225i
Feb 18, 2011 at 6:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

nocooler

New Head-Fier
As a longtime grado user, I decided to upgrade my sr60's. The 60's sound fantastic and probably have 750+ hours on them. I decided that since I couldn't stand the cheap crap I had at work, so I'll move the 60's to work and upgrade. The The logical choice was grado - I love they way they sound and I have no issues with the comfort. 

After hours of research I decided to order the sr225i's and a total bithead amp - it should be a pretty nice upgrade. I can't wait until they arrive.

Feb 22, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #2 of 5
1 hour impression - much cleaner/clearer than the sr60's. Punchy tight bass, excellent mids and highs. Perfect for what I listen too, anyone that enjoys heavy bass should look elsewhere.  They seem significantly more open than the 60's - so listening in quiet environments is a must.

They sound good without the amp, but they really shine when amplified.

Feb 22, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #4 of 5
congrats on your purchase, SR225s are very good 'phones 
gs1000.gif

Feb 25, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
As a longtime grado user, I decided to upgrade my sr60's. The 60's sound fantastic and probably have 750+ hours on them. I decided that since I couldn't stand the cheap crap I had at work, so I'll move the 60's to work and upgrade. The The logical choice was grado - I love they way they sound and I have no issues with the comfort. 

After hours of research I decided to order the sr225i's and a total bithead amp - it should be a pretty nice upgrade. I can't wait until they arrive.

Interesting, since I did the same thing last summer, though I was upgrading from a pair of 80i's rather than 60i's.  My 80's now reside at work for when I need headphones there.

I really enjoy the soundstage presented by the 225i's and the subtle yet well defined bass they produce. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back