New from Jays - a-Jays
Jun 5, 2010 at 7:49 AM Post #16 of 28
I just received them as well, doing the burn in for now, but from what I have heard so far, me likes these
L3000.gif

Jun 5, 2010 at 8:04 AM Post #17 of 28
Just unpacked them. Here are a couple of initial pictures. I'm waiting for my new camera, so picture quality isn't optimal.

The packaging is quite nice. It feels sturdy without being too bulky. But I guess that with headphones this size, it's still too big to use as a travel case. And you probably don't need one anyways.

A rear view. No big surprise here, but I'm feeling a bit worried about the whole Heavy bass impact thing.

Pretty nice detailing. Doesn't really feel like a pair of reasonably cheap phones so far. The surface of the case is a bit rubbery, which also adds to the finish.

Users manual and cover for the flat cable.

The insides. Pretty functional. Including a splitter and airplane adapter is a nice touch. 

I'll be back with some detail shots of the phones and listening impressions. So far, with just half an hour on them, they don't stand out that much in terms of sound quality. The bass is a little bit undefined, but not the worst I've heard. 

Jun 5, 2010 at 9:07 AM Post #20 of 28
That's quite a lot of accessories there. If this is already what Jays do for the lower end earphones, one could only imagine how good the x-jays's packaging will be when it comes out.

Jun 5, 2010 at 9:10 AM Post #21 of 28
that's what they do :p If you look at any review with pics of any jays product you will see the massive amount of accessories and such.

Jun 24, 2010 at 10:04 AM Post #24 of 28
I just bought these today, and I'm really happy with them. I bought them a day after I bought the Lady Gaga Heartbeats, which actually pales in sound quality as compared to this one.....

Jun 25, 2010 at 7:52 AM Post #25 of 28
I demo'ed the a-JAYS Two in a store today and must say I am impressed. Unfortunately they didn't have the supposedly better sounding Three for demo as well.

Jul 1, 2010 at 12:31 PM Post #26 of 28

Quote:
I demo'ed the a-JAYS Two in a store today and must say I am impressed. Unfortunately they didn't have the supposedly better sounding Three for demo as well.

I'm eager for your impressions. Out of the IEMs you own, what would you say they sound similar to?

Jul 1, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #28 of 28
Quote:
I'm eager for your impressions. Out of the IEMs you own, what would you say they sound similar to?

Since I only demo'ed it in a store, I can't really put my finger on which it sounds more similar to, but the general impression is that it is fairly balanced, very good bass and a fairly well treble extension, more in line with Hippo VB type of sound signature. I happened to demo'ed a pair of Radius DDM in the store as well, and lets just said that a-JAYS Two didn't come out too short in the brief comparison, especially after the consideration of the price difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back