New from Jays - a-Jays
Mar 10, 2010 at 9:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

maporter

100+ Head-Fier
Jays - a-JAYS

For those of you who may find this interesting, the flat tangle free cable sounds goods - However, no information or mention of them on Jay's UK site yet.

"Match your a-JAYS Series to your budget; from the entry level a-JAYS One, to the well appointed ‘Two’, up to the top of the range ‘Three’, the specification will determine accessory level, finish and sound quality."

Mar 10, 2010 at 9:53 AM Post #3 of 28
Already posted here. Price is about $40, $50, and $60 for the three models.

Mar 10, 2010 at 10:29 AM Post #5 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by maporter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those of you who may find this interesting, the flat tangle free cable sounds goods

I wasn't so sure about the flat cable.

I assume they'll have to be worn straight down, as I can't imagine the flat cable will be any good for wearing over the ear. Then again, I guess that these earphones aren't aimed at the section of the market who prefer to wear over the ear.

I'm more interested in seeing how they handle the new ergonomics of the 4 driver model.

Mar 10, 2010 at 11:01 AM Post #6 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by TCD1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wasn't so sure about the flat cable.

I assume they'll have to be worn straight down, as I can't imagine the flat cable will be any good for wearing over the ear. Then again, I guess that these earphones aren't aimed at the section of the market who prefer to wear over the ear.

I'm more interested in seeing how they handle the new ergonomics of the 4 driver model.

They market it as a "Tangle-Free Flat Cable". But hey, I am waiting for the flagship as well
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 10, 2010 at 11:28 AM Post #7 of 28
It is 'tangle free' in that every cable has a threshold against which it is tangle free, but this one is quite high on that scale. I don't know how strong it is though - looks pretty good. Flat cables can be worn over the ear, but they are harder to get moving of course.

Mar 10, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i somewhat thought they have might have more of a price differential, theyre all so close together price wise it makes me curious as to what sound differences there are

Yes, their lineup is rather confusing...
confused_face.gif

Mar 10, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #11 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, their lineup is rather confusing...
confused_face.gif

You get more and more exclusive materials, more and more accessories and better and better sound and you can choose yourself what is important and still get a very good earphone whichever you choose. Pretty clear if you check out our web
normal_smile .gif

http://www.jays.se/products/general/...mparision.html

Apr 2, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #12 of 28
Just Curious what the street re-lease date is for the a-jay line. Also for those in the U.S.A it list amazon.com as the dealer, when can we expect to see them avaliabe there.

Apr 2, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #13 of 28
I heard they will be ready around mid-April, so hitting the street might be a few weeks later taking into the account of shipping.

Jun 5, 2010 at 7:26 AM Post #15 of 28
I just received a pair of a-Jays Two from Jays for testing, so I'll be posting some impressions over the next couple of days here. Stay tuned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back