NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones
Feb 13, 2023 at 3:51 AM Post #961 of 974
NewFantasia 6N OCC Copper Silver Plated Upgrade Audio Cable Compatible with Fostex TH-900 MKII, TH610, TH900 MK2 Premium Headphones Cable. - $48
NewFantasia Replacement Audio Upgrade Cable Compatible with Fostex TH-900 MKII, TH610, TH900 MK2 Premium Headphones with 6.35mm Adapter - $19
For me these cables are a no go! The sound degradation caused by such cables makes them completely unacceptable to me personally. If you don't hear a difference compared to the stock cable, then don't stress. This greatly simplifies your purchase decision. If I only knew that you were satisfied with such quality, I would list you many cheap Chinese options from Ali or Amazon. I only recommended options that were commensurate with the quality of the headphones, as they show extremely high resolution. Otherwise, the manufacturer would not have provided a $280 stock cable. If you want to know the reasons, you're welcome to read this post: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sin...e-class-a-beyond-thx-888.952074/post-17284368

Do you really think the $280 stock pure copper cable is a joke? Do you consider it normal to replace it with a generic cable from the dollar mart and not lose sound quality?

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #962 of 974
For me these cables are a no go! The sound degradation caused by such cables makes them completely unacceptable to me personally. If you don't hear a difference compared to the stock cable, then don't stress. This greatly simplifies your purchase decision. If I only knew that you were satisfied with such quality, I would list you many cheap Chinese options from Ali or Amazon. I only recommended options that were commensurate with the quality of the headphones, as they show extremely high resolution. Otherwise, the manufacturer would not have provided a $280 stock cable. If you want to know the reasons, you're welcome to read this post: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sin...e-class-a-beyond-thx-888.952074/post-17284368

Do you really think the $280 stock pure copper cable is a joke? Do you consider it normal to replace it with a generic cable from the dollar mart and not lose sound quality?

This thread is pretty dead but I don't want people seeing your post and thinking its good advice. The $280 Fostex cable is indeed a joke for that price, it is a mass manufactured cable, overpriced because it stock. The 20 inch split has a tendency to catch things and the 10 ft cable has issues with curling back on itself. Fostex TH-610 are $500-$550 headphones and worth the price, but forum members dont need to spend half the value of your headphones on a cable to get excellent sound. The science doesn't track for your views on silver in cables.

Mar 10, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #963 of 974
This thread is pretty dead but I don't want people seeing your post and thinking its good advice. The $280 Fostex cable is indeed a joke for that price, it is a mass manufactured cable, overpriced because it stock. The 20 inch split has a tendency to catch things and the 10 ft cable has issues with curling back on itself. Fostex TH-610 are $500-$550 headphones and worth the price, but forum members dont need to spend half the value of your headphones on a cable to get excellent sound. The science doesn't track for your views on silver in cables.
Unfortunately the stock cable is way too long so want a shorter one? Go spend more than €200. That joke made me drop the TH610 despites I want it. I'm talking about the OEM stock cable that comes with 3.5mm and 1.2m.

Mar 10, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #964 of 974
Unfortunately the stock cable is way too long so want a shorter one? Go spend more than €200. That joke made me drop the TH610 despites I want it. I'm talking about the OEM stock cable that comes with 3.5mm and 1.2m.
Just stick to quality options that don't cost that much, but are still high quality and use high tech technology and metals:

Hart Audio Cables
Periapt
Audiophile Ninja
OIDIO Mongrel Cable
Sky Audio Cables

No one makes you buy Forza (although you might cuz they are that good) or the stock cable. But at least keep in mind that it should be more or less commensurate in quality with the headphones. Don't buy yourself a bottleneck from the dollar mart!

I gave all the respectful links on the previous page.

Mar 10, 2023 at 9:41 PM Post #965 of 974
Just stick to quality options that don't cost that much, but are still high quality and use high tech technology and metals:

Hart Audio Cables
Periapt
Audiophile Ninja
OIDIO Mongrel Cable
Sky Audio Cables

No one makes you buy Forza (although you might cuz they are that good) or the stock cable. But at least keep in mind that it should be more or less commensurate in quality with the headphones. Don't buy yourself a bottleneck from the dollar mart!

I gave all the respectful links on the previous page.
Well, the mentioned names you wrote are pretty much limited here in the Netherlands😛

But yes, totally agreed on quality that doesn't cost that much.

The cable I was talking about is the Fostex ET-H1.2N7UB. It looks it's been discontinued? Atleast here it is.

Jul 1, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #966 of 974
Has anyone hear compared these to the Focal Radiance? How do they sound in comparison? Radiance (at my local store) is at a discount so it's only about ~$90 US more than the TH-610, is it worth it?

I own the Arya Stealth and was looking for a headphone that was somewhat different from it (closed-back for some portability) in terms of its sound signature (so something a little warm and with good bass impact) but not muddy or lacking in resolution.

Jul 28, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #967 of 974
Is there anything better than TH610 under ~500USD used in open-back world? I decided I do not really need closed cans. I had M1570 for a while which were clearly better, but that weight made me return them. The only improvement I'm looking for is better soundstage.

Nov 22, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #972 of 974
Hi, my two favourite headphones are the hd6xx and grado sr325x but I need a comfy closed back headphones too. My favourite generes are rock and metal, I can buy a second hand th610 for about 300€, other closed back that I m considering are Denon ah d5200 and 7200. For those of you have tried these headphones, what do you recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back