NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones
Feb 26, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #76 of 974
Do these have less bass than th600s?

Feb 26, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #77 of 974
Sorry, but as a medical doctor I'd know a thing or two about human ears, and mine don't fit in it, while being exactly average in size and perfectly shaped. The ear pad openings are too small, that's a fact. Many people have problems with the fit as they don't go around the ears completely, they either touch or sit on them. It's an idiotic decision to put pads like these on a headphone of that size and shape. The opening is less than 6 cm high and less than 3,5 cm wide, nowhere near enough to comfortably go around a lot ears. It's a very large full sized headphone with the fit of a medium sized portable headphone, something like a Sennheiser Momentum or B&W P7.

Stop complaining about something which isn't released yet. LOOKS DUMB IMHO.

Feb 26, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #78 of 974

Sorry, but as a medical doctor I'd know a thing or two about human ears, and mine don't fit in it, while being exactly average in size and perfectly shaped. The ear pad openings are too small, that's a fact. Many people have problems with the fit as they don't go around the ears completely, they either touch or sit on them. It's an idiotic decision to put pads like these on a headphone of that size and shape. The opening is less than 6 cm high and less than 3,5 cm wide, nowhere near enough to comfortably go around a lot ears. It's a very large full sized headphone with the fit of a medium sized portable headphone, something like a Sennheiser Momentum or B&W P7.

It's not idiotic if the pads where deliberately designed to give the desired sound. If they where shaped differently then perhaps the headphones would not sound as good.

It's a clever design.

Feb 26, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #79 of 974
Can anyone come up with an expected release date??

Mar 2, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #80 of 974

This has been my exact worry with the TH-X00 that I'm waiting to get in May. I've heard others say they were a bit too small as well, and I think I have larger-than-average ears. 

I know Lawton makes their own "upgraded" earpad replacements for the entire TH line of Fostex cans. I've been thinking of getting those as a replacement if I find the stock ones to be an uncomfortable fit. Will report my findings in the X00 thread if end up going through that process. Meanwhile if anyone's already done that, feel free to chime in.

Can anyone come up with an expected release date??

I've been curious as well, all I found was Spring 2016. Probably still too early to tell. 

Mar 2, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #81 of 974
The consensus seems to be that the Lawton pads sound awful on the X00. Alpha pads and TH600 seem like the best alternative, though they do change the sound signature. Check the thread for impressions:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/788776/fostex-x-massdrop-th-x00-review

Mar 10, 2016 at 6:41 AM Post #82 of 974
Here are my impressions for it  from Canjam Singapore

Fostex TH610 Prototype

Well after listening to this at Canjam Singapore I had to say it was a great value of money . Its still not clear what its price would be but as per the discussion at Canjam it was it would be costing around 599$ & I will say at that price it's a stellar product & a steal!!

As Far we all know Fostex are known for their Superb Bass , For the Th610 - It had Good Bass,both in quality and quantity 
Mid-Bass present there has impact but is not too much on the higher side , also it is not overwhelming & doesn't interfere 
with Mids, but is still present their in a much balanced manner & good quantity. Infact at present state It felt like Bass was 
more on the balanced side and felt of better quality than their Th900 mk2, which was really really great .

Mids are little bit on lusher side, not much but yes a tint of lushness is there .Vocals & presentation along with it was a bit on intimate side 
with it.But moreover the Mids felt balanced for the whole lower to upper mids with a bit of warmness in it.

Treble is smooth n detailed , basically less Treble is there compare to what you are used to other Fostx high end Cans & also to similarly priced Cans like Senn HD700 etc but still it was able to present all details as well as micro-details with ease . Treble was completely smooth, refined & no harshness was present.

Soundstage was normal one- not too big but not too intimate. It was having an average soundstage having good depth/height/width where the width 
is at the biggest but the imaging placement inside that soundstage was great. And the black background was perfect there. In soundstage & directionality 
department obviously it lacked but only when compared to TH900 mk2.

Overall it was a Good time auditioning it , it was a very pristine quality & balanced sound which at first felt like you are listening to any flagship phone thanks, to much better balanced sound signature of it with a just a bit of lushness on the mids side. I hope it further improves upon from here with a lil more soundstage or a lil more treble but then that sound signature keeping other things intact will raise its quality to such a level at which its price will not be kept around 600$ but much more.

Mar 12, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #84 of 974

Stop complaining about something which isn't released yet. LOOKS DUMB IMHO.

Totally agreed. The headphones sounds good, but it is too shallow (only slightly better than Momentum). In my short audition at CANJAM, it sounds similar to DT 1770, but with less clamping. DT 1770 pads are much more comfortable

Mar 17, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #85 of 974
I'm really looking forward to acquiring these Fostex TH-610's especially having missed out on the latest Massdrop of the TH-00X because of some debit card snafu.  Sometimes things work out for the best.   The detachable cables on the TH-610, though rather large, is a big plus IMO.  The matte finish is lovely and probably an improvement over the TH-00X gloss finish as several TH-00X owners were complaining of cracking and scratches suddenly appearing on their hp cups even though they were handling them carefully.  The slightly larger ear pads is also appreciated.  Here's to hoping the release date is soon. . .

Mar 29, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #89 of 974
I've read somewhere that they were coming out in June... :blush:

Enviado desde mi H1 mediante Tapatalk

Mar 29, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #90 of 974
I hope they release it earlier! I think this headphone will be great, same great bass with smoother treble. I can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back