NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones
Feb 25, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #62 of 974
Fostex could just make a 100% copy od D7000 and averyone would be happy :)

Why so many variations with still not the right sound...
Don't you consider the X00 the right sound? Owners have been praising this and call it out to be the most well rounded Fostex yet, and the spiritual successor to the D7000. That it is the most bass youll ever get out of a dynamic with such mids and highs. Seems like the X00's are endgame entertainment to me...

Feb 25, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #63 of 974
Don't you consider the X00 the right sound? Owners have been praising this and call it out to be the most well rounded Fostex yet, and the spiritual successor to the D7000. That it is the most bass youll ever get out of a dynamic with such mids and highs. Seems like the X00's are endgame entertainment to me...

Of course please do not treat it personally. But TH-X00 based on my trusted friend (who own all denon style headphones like Th-X00, Th900, D7000, D5000 ,,,) opinion TX-000 are not the end of the game in this line. But of course someone may like them most. Me personally I'd like to get D7000 finally on my own. 

Cheers

Feb 25, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #64 of 974
Nothing compares to the original Denon AH-D7000/5000/2000 headphones.
Those where the original closed-back kings!! I will be getting some TH600's soon and will be transferring the wooden cups of my now frail AH-D5000's onto them.

Feb 25, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #65 of 974

had a listen at Can Jam last weekend.

610 has defo fixed the 600 hot highs like the x00.

mids raised like x00 but still slightly recessed in comparison to x00, vox not as sexy.

bass like x00.

superb update.

the matte wood not as classy as x00 for sure.

u can use the senn connectors for the cable, but the stock fostex ones cannot fit senn.

Feb 25, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #66 of 974

mids raised like x00 but still slightly recessed in comparison to x00, vox not as sexy.

bass like x00.

superb update.

u can use the senn connectors for the cable, but the stock fostex ones cannot fit senn.

A lot of people will be happy about the connectors I bet.  Seems like something that would fit right between the sound sig of the th600 and thx00.  Thanks for the impressions!  Any talk about a release window in the US?

Feb 25, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #68 of 974
  I just think the cups look pretty dull. I wish they used a different wood for that. Or glossed em up or something. 

I initially liked the matte look of these better, but I've been warming up to the glossy thx00 look.

Further impressions of these will determine which I get though.

Feb 25, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #69 of 974
  I just think the cups look pretty dull. I wish they used a different wood for that. Or glossed em up or something. 

In person they don't look too bad, actually. You get to appreciate the grain of the wood as well, but in a more refined way (or subdued, for some people's taste). Overall, I thought it was a good effort.

Feb 25, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #70 of 974

bass like x00.

superb update.

Do you hear anything about them that would make them cost more? I would like bass like the 600, full mids, and even highs, ooohhh wait that is the Omni. 

But nah for realz what makes them sound like they should cost any more than the thx00?

Feb 25, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #71 of 974
  Do you hear anything about them that would make them cost more? I would like bass like the 600, full mids, and even highs, ooohhh wait that is the Omni. 

But nah for realz what makes them sound like they should cost any more than the thx00?

overall, still prefer the x00.

the only thing going for the 610 is the detachable cable.

even then the female connectors are just too large and ugly.

the difference in price can afford you a proper Peterek cable mod with loose change in your pocket.

Feb 25, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #72 of 974
Why, why, WHYYYYYYYY those earpads? That ruins the headphone, just like it ruins the X00. What's the point of a full sized headphone if the earpads are designed so that they don't  fit regular sized human ears properly? It's idiotic. Huge headphone, huge earpads, tiny amount of space for ears... not to mention that the way these pads position the headphones on your ears causes the drivers to be pushed backwards relative to the earcanal, which is what causes the weird soundstage on the TH-X00 that feels like it's coming from the sides and behind you rather than projecting the sound more in front of the listener like the TH600/900 do. 

Feb 25, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #74 of 974

Sorry, but regular sized human ears fits perfectly in this.

Sorry, but as a medical doctor I'd know a thing or two about human ears, and mine don't fit in it, while being exactly average in size and perfectly shaped. The ear pad openings are too small, that's a fact. Many people have problems with the fit as they don't go around the ears completely, they either touch or sit on them. It's an idiotic decision to put pads like these on a headphone of that size and shape. The opening is less than 6 cm high and less than 3,5 cm wide, nowhere near enough to comfortably go around a lot ears. It's a very large full sized headphone with the fit of a medium sized portable headphone, something like a Sennheiser Momentum or B&W P7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back