New Focal Utopia for 2022: impressions
Sep 16, 2022 at 11:11 PM Post #301 of 647
v2?

When and why was the thread locked?
it was locked in the early hours of this morning (where i live). prior to locking the thread, the forum administrator had posted a link to the focal utopia 2022 review, measurements thread started by @jude. it appears this was done in order to redirect traffic to that thread. i sent a pm to @jude about it who unlocked the thread, which i appreciate him doing.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #302 of 647
Yes 👍
It is sold in the Hifiman store for 1999$.
If you order in Germany, it will be shipped from Poland. So there are no taxes or import fees.
This has not yet spread here. Most dealers still sell the HEK V2 for 3300 €.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2022 at 1:59 AM Post #303 of 647
Yes 👍
It is sold in the Hifiman store for 1999$.
If you order in Germany, it will be shipped from Poland. So there are no taxes or import fees.
This has not yet spread here. Most dealers still sell the HEK V2 for 3300 €.
I've owned my v2 for several years now and paid $1900.00 (US) BNIB from an AD. At that time I owned both, the Susvara and v2 and preferred the v2 over the Susvara, and still enjoy it 'til this day.
Was listening to it tonight paired with the WA33, spectacular headphone! Enjoy!

Sep 17, 2022 at 2:18 AM Post #304 of 647
This is very interesting.
Even if it is a bit offtopic:
could you write a few words, why you preferred the V2?

Sep 17, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #306 of 647
@BowWazoo
For me, in my system I preferred the v2 for its fun, lively, dynamic, full bodied overall presentation and enjoyed everything about its height, width and depth of its soundstage and how well it played with the Genre's I enjoy most. I also didn't want to go chasing amps, DACs and other components to maximize the potential of the Susvara being I was/am very content with my system and how well it plays with all of my current headphones. So in the end it just wasn't worth it too me, especially considering how much I enjoy the v2. I also found the Susvara to be a bit too polite for my tastes as well, but definitely a beautiful sounding headphone if you want to maximize its potential, for sure. I can say this because I have heard the Susvara off of several different components thanks to @llamaluv, and do feel I heard it at its maximum ability during the time @llamaluv was aiming to reach this goal, which I felt he has from him sharing his journey with me and allowing me ears on experience with many of his component changes.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #307 of 647
@BowWazoo
For me, in my system I preferred the v2 for its fun, lively, dynamic, full bodied overall presentation and enjoyed everything about its height, width and depth of its soundstage and how well it played with the Genre's I enjoy most. I also didn't want to go chasing amps, DACs and other components to maximize the potential of the Susvara being I was/am very content with my system and how well it plays with all of my current headphones. So in the end it just wasn't worth it too me, especially considering how much I enjoy the v2. I also found the Susvara to be a bit too polite for my tastes as well, but definitely a beautiful sounding headphone if you want to maximize its potential, for sure. I can say this because I have heard the Susvara off of several different components thanks to @llamaluv, and do feel I heard it at its maximum ability during the time @llamaluv was aiming to reach this goal, which I felt he has from him sharing his journey with me and allowing me ears on experience with many of his component changes.
Curious, which Genres do you enjoy Most?

Sep 17, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #308 of 647
@BowWazoo
These are the same reasons I let my Susvara's go and went back to the HEKse's.

Sep 17, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #309 of 647
Curious, which Genres do you enjoy Most?
Instrumental, Contemporary, Chill, Lounge, Cafe,Smooth etc. Jazz are my favorite, but I also enjoy Oldies, Classic Rock 60's & 70's as well 90's Grunge and I find the v2 delivers all of them very, very nicely.

These are the same reasons I let my Susvara's go and went back to the HEKse's.
I was tempted to do the promo trade to the SE, but I was too afraid I wouldn't like them as much. I've yet to hear the SE, though.

Sep 18, 2022 at 1:36 AM Post #311 of 647
^ no biggie but that was posted on the previous page

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #314 of 647
it's early days so in the absence of listening impressions from head-fi'ers (canjam notwithstanding), here's a 'professional' review:
https://www.audioholics.com/headphone-reviews/focal-new-utopia-2022-headphone-review

My words...the new king is for more different kind of genres 😉

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/focal-utopia-2022-review-measurements.964903/page-14#post-17151231

With the Old One it can happen that it is too annoying with AC/DC and Mettalica Etc etc

NOMAX

PS.well done by Ludovic and Clément 👍

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2022 at 6:23 AM Post #315 of 647

Users who are viewing this thread

Back