New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones
Nov 29, 2011 at 9:53 AM Post #601 of 3,599
Finally got mine!! I must say, these look simply amazing... Grain is barely visible, but it seems I got lucky with that too this time. The fit is awful, needed to bend these quite a bit. Of course, a true head-fi'er is never afraid to bend limited edition Audio-Technica's. = ) Now the fit is good, tighter grip than in ATH-W1000X in my opinion.

First listen... I'm listening to ATH-W3000ANV only, so everything is from memory, really recent though. Again, compared to ATH-W1000X, these sound noticeably brighter from the start. However, in a similar manner to ATH-W1000X, the treble manages to be both crystal clear and extremely smooth with no sign of fatigue. These sound faster than ATH-W1000X. At the moment the bass seriously lacks weight, somehow I feel like it's more natural sounding though and I have no doubt it's going to get better. If not, these are seconded by ATH-W1000X by a great margin. The mids, for example piano sounds much more forward I think. And I think the vocals are much better too, vocals on these sound simply euphoric, amazing. I could listen to vocal focused songs all evening and night, but I need to try teasing the bass a bit... ;D But so far, this pair is not for sale!

Nov 29, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #602 of 3,599
sounds fantastic, I can't wait to get mine! They seem to be a great complement to my LCD-2 rev.1, especially for vocals :)

Nov 29, 2011 at 11:30 AM Post #603 of 3,599
These sound very detailed also, noticing new things from many songs. I thought I was also going to do something else than listening this evening, but no way!
atsmile.gif

Nov 29, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #604 of 3,599
I got my pair just an hour ago. You paid more for FedEx and I'm using EMS and we got it both at the same day. But what matters is that you have got this collectors item now 
biggrin.gif

Okay I will simply dive into the W3000ANV with an open mind right now befire expressing my thoughts.

Nov 29, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #606 of 3,599
Picture time!
biggrin.gif

Package

Inside

I'll sure keep listening!

Without flash...

Now it starts to look like something.

It should be made official that Japan is the most beautiful country when it comes to headphones, and ladies of course. And cars.

With the good old ATH-W1000X

Nov 29, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #609 of 3,599
What are the serial numbers of those who have received? Mine is 411. = )

Nov 29, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #615 of 3,599
0762. These are not bass lite, unless you are bass-head. 
smile.gif
 Taking immediate measurements to test this burn-in phenomenon I've been hearing of. 
smile.gif
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back