New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones
Nov 24, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #466 of 3,599
Just plugged in my AT-HA5000ANV.  My first impression, in comparison to my RWA Isabellina HPA amp section, is a more revealing, brighter, edgier sound signature with the HA5000, when paired with the W3000.  To my ears, somewhat equivalent to tipping up the treble of the headphones.  Maybe this is just a burn-in issue.

Nov 24, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #467 of 3,599
Gah, I'm convinced. These shall be mine by next year. I'm holding off on every other headphone purchase (aside from maybe one or two impulse buys from a certain person) until I get a pair.

Nov 24, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #468 of 3,599

Quote:
Gah, I'm convinced. These shall be mine by next year. I'm holding off on every other headphone purchase (aside from maybe one or two impulse buys from a certain person) until I get a pair.

Is it still going to be available next year? The price would have gone up quite a bit by the time you're buying it. I sure would love to have a pair of this, just to complement my current headphone...

Nov 24, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #469 of 3,599

Quote:
Just plugged in my AT-HA5000ANV.  My first impression, in comparison to my RWA Isabellina HPA amp section, is a more revealing, brighter, edgier sound signature with the HA5000, when paired with the W3000.  To my ears, somewhat equivalent to tipping up the treble of the headphones.  Maybe this is just a burn-in issue.

The Isabellina is a hybrid tube amp, so what you described re: the HA5000ANV isn't too surprising.

Nov 24, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #470 of 3,599

Quote:
Is it still going to be available next year? The price would have gone up quite a bit by the time you're buying it. I sure would love to have a pair of this, just to complement my current headphone...

The price has gone up for retailers like AudioCubes as stocks are now limited and probably replenished only on a by-the-order basis. I imagine that by next year these certainly wont be available new. However it wouldn't surprise me to see a few turn up in the sale section when auditions are done. The question is: if they're sold out otherwise and a limited edition, will there be mark up on their asking price? And if so, by how much?

Most limited ATs command a higher asking price once they show up on the sales forum in my experience.

Nov 24, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #473 of 3,599

Quote:

I meant used, sadly, since I can probably assume stock will be exhausted even by the end of December. I'm hoping prices stay around the same.

Nov 24, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #474 of 3,599

Quote:

I have convincingly mocked up a pair by gluing hi-rez photos of the W3000s to my crummy old studio phones and opening a tin of lacquer nearby. The placebo effect takes care of the rest.

o

Nov 25, 2011 at 3:45 AM Post #477 of 3,599

Quote:

Wow, those earcups are almost as big as the HD800's. 
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 25, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #478 of 3,599
Nice to hear more impressions.

My pair finally left France... In Sweden now, no chances of getting them this week. I really should ask Kaneda why did he use FedEx.

Nov 25, 2011 at 4:55 AM Post #479 of 3,599

Quote:
Nice to hear more impressions.

My pair finally left France... In Sweden now, no chances of getting them this week. I really should ask Kaneda why did he use FedEx.

That is indeed odd. My brother ordered from PriceJapan, and it was sent FedEx but arrived this past Tuesday.

Nov 25, 2011 at 5:00 AM Post #480 of 3,599
I'm getting pretty convinced that FedEx intentionally delays it until the estimated arrival date which is next monday. It just can't take this long, the cheapest possible air mail is as "fast".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back