New FiiO M11S Player with dual ES9038Q2M DACs, 670mW output power and 14 hours of battery life
Mar 14, 2023 at 3:13 AM Post #392 of 640
I do not see anything that you should be concerned about. I find the FiiO a fantastic player.

Mar 14, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #393 of 640
I have been experiencing with the M11s some stutters in the beginning and in the middle of song's and my music library is mostly all standard mp3's and mp4's, which is on a fast Extreme Pro V30 1tb micro SanDisk SD card, so I don't why song's are skipping.

Mar 14, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #395 of 640
is it only Sandisk microSD cards that people have issues with?
I've tried other micro SD cards by different brands like Samsung EVO and few other ones and they all skipped on the M11S but I tried them on my other Dap which is the ibasso DX 170 and they all worked fine without any skipping, it's something about M11s hardware or software that's making the music jump and skip through tracks.

Mar 15, 2023 at 5:16 AM Post #396 of 640
Hello
I bought a Fiio m11s from Ebay, used but like new. The seller claims a screen protector is already pre-installed on it. But it's not visible, I don't see a slide, or not visible?

Or is it there? But on a mobile phone, the protective film is visible on the edge, here it is difficult to see from the side.

Attachments

• 335444322_880334139712128_7095761556631807749_n.jpg
    335444322_880334139712128_7095761556631807749_n.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 16, 2023 at 3:02 AM Post #398 of 640
Hello,

I recently bought a Fiio M11s audio player, and while I'm quite impressed with the way it works, the way it sounds and its ability to handle my media library, I am more or less suffering with the same issue described earlier, of music skipping the first second of a song.

When listening to music, using either the Fiio native application, or Foobar200 or USB Audio Player Pro, the first second or so of the first track I'm launching from the library will not be heard. If I am listening the second track, and go back to the first track, I will be able to hear that first second of the first track. But if I'm launching any other track from the "stop" state of the player, the first second will, in most cases, not be played or heard.

This happens with flac files. I tried to store the files on the internal memory of the Fiio M11s, but the issue is still here. I deleted the cover arts embeded in the flac files or stored in the folder, and the issue is still here too.

Do you have any idea as to how to solve this issue, which is quite frustrating?
Dear friend,

Did you contact us via support@fiio.com as well? My colleague got the same feedback but he failed to reproduce the same issue using the FLAC files in our hand. If you are convenient, please send some files and the log files to us via email. We will try to reproduce the issue and improve it in later update. Thanks in advance!

【Extract a LOG file】
For special software issues, please extract a LOG file under the root directory, unzip and copy it to the homepage. And then send it to us for analysis.
Please go to " Settings ->About device" , and continually tap “Model number", until the prompt "Have save output log to built-in storage" appears.
Then please wait for about 20 seconds, and go to M11S's internal storage, then send the folder "fiio_log " to us and inform us the time of the problem for further analysis.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 17, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #400 of 640
Hello, I bought a micro SD card. Since my Fiio m11s is low on internal storage, will Deezer and Tidal keep saving the downloaded music to the micro card automatically when the internal storage is full? Or can I somehow set the downloads to always go to an external micro sd card?!

I found it on Tidal, but does anyone know how Deezer can set the music to be downloaded to a micro SD card?

"Already found"

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2023 at 11:44 PM Post #401 of 640
Yes indeed, I believe that would be me. I sent you the log. The music files are quite big, tell me if you mind me sending them with WeTransfer.
Dear friend,

Yes, you could share the files to us via Wetransfer.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 20, 2023 at 6:53 AM Post #402 of 640
Hello,

I recently bought a Fiio M11s audio player, and while I'm quite impressed with the way it works, the way it sounds and its ability to handle my media library, I am more or less suffering with the same issue described earlier, of music skipping the first second of a song.

When listening to music, using either the Fiio native application, or Foobar200 or USB Audio Player Pro, the first second or so of the first track I'm launching from the library will not be heard. If I am listening the second track, and go back to the first track, I will be able to hear that first second of the first track. But if I'm launching any other track from the "stop" state of the player, the first second will, in most cases, not be played or heard.

This happens with flac files. I tried to store the files on the internal memory of the Fiio M11s, but the issue is still here. I deleted the cover arts embeded in the flac files or stored in the folder, and the issue is still here too.

Do you have any idea as to how to solve this issue, which is quite frustrating?
Unfortunately unitl Fiio manages to pinpoint the problem it's going to be like that IF you use the native player. Although I'm surprised you get the issue with UAPP. I heard the people here who used UAPP here don't have the issue. I don't want to pay for it so I can't test but I use Musicolet and use their own decoder and the stuttering goes away. Although sometimes it does happen when I keep forwarding songs but that's rare because I listen for like 6 hours straight with like 2 pauses in between

I suggest try and downloading Musicolet, use it's own decoder and see how it works for you

Mar 20, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #403 of 640
I've tried other micro SD cards by different brands like Samsung EVO and few other ones and they all skipped on the M11S but I tried them on my other Dap which is the ibasso DX 170 and they all worked fine without any skipping, it's something about M11s hardware or software that's making the music jump and skip through tracks.
My guess rn is their decoder. I'm surprised they haven't been able to replicate the issue though

Mar 20, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #404 of 640
Unfortunately unitl Fiio manages to pinpoint the problem it's going to be like that IF you use the native player. Although I'm surprised you get the issue with UAPP. I heard the people here who used UAPP here don't have the issue. I don't want to pay for it so I can't test but I use Musicolet and use their own decoder and the stuttering goes away. Although sometimes it does happen when I keep forwarding songs but that's rare because I listen for like 6 hours straight with like 2 pauses in between

I suggest try and downloading Musicolet, use it's own decoder and see how it works for you

Unfortunately, I'm positive that I have this skipping/stuttering issue even with UAPP, even though it is a great player. The issue happened with flac and wave files I encoded myself, or downloaded from Qobuz.

Thank you for the Musicolet suggestion, I will definitely try this and report here.

Mar 20, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #405 of 640
Unfortunately, I'm positive that I have this skipping/stuttering issue even with UAPP, even though it is a great player. The issue happened with flac and wave files I encoded myself, or downloaded from Qobuz.

Thank you for the Musicolet suggestion, I will definitely try this and report here.
Yeah your input will definitely useful because you're the first one who has reported the 1-second-at-the-start-skip when using UAPP. As I said I don't have UAPP but maybe there's a decoder setting there somewhere I had mine posted here and you can browse my post with regards to Musicolet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back