(NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs!
May 30, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #991 of 1,334
Hey guys, I have the E12 here as well. I use it to amplify the signal of my ipod before the fm modulator. Is it detrimental to leave the power always hooked up? The 12V output from my truck is always on (even with the truck off) so basically the unit is plugged in 24/7. Am I doing damage to the amp?

May 30, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #992 of 1,334
  Hey guys, I have the E12 here as well. I use it to amplify the signal of my ipod before the fm modulator. Is it detrimental to leave the power always hooked up? The 12V output from my truck is always on (even with the truck off) so basically the unit is plugged in 24/7. Am I doing damage to the amp?

Shouldnt hurt the battery, but it will impart noise into the sound.

May 30, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #994 of 1,334
  Wow, thanks for the lightning fast response!

My truck has stock speakers, with the addition of a LOC going to an amplifier powering a sub. I do not notice any added noise when power is plugged in so thank you for giving me peace of mind!

I would recommend draining the battery once in a while (like a month), just to make sure it is being used. Pretty sure Fiio recommends that. 

Jun 17, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #999 of 1,334
  hi all, i just got myself a E12A. btw what cable do you recommend from iphone 6 to E12A?
is the stock cable good enough?

thanks

You would need a line out cable. Someone who has experience with iphone 6 should advice further, as I really do not know how it works, and what cables come with it, and how or if you have line out with iphones. 

Jun 17, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #1,002 of 1,334
  hi is the fiio L16 / L17 good enough? or you have better recommendation .

thanks

I think that you are using headphone out of the iphone that way. 

As I said, I really think that you should ask an iphone owner these things, as Iphones work differently from other DAPs, when you connect an amp.

If the 3.5 mm can be used as a line out, not headphone out, the cable that came with E12A should be more than enough. 

Jun 17, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #1,003 of 1,334
hi 
thanks. yup i am using headphone out for now. not sure is there any different if i use the lightning out to 3.5mm E12A. need to find out from the iphone user.

Thanks for the advice again.

Jun 17, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #1,004 of 1,334
hi 
thanks. yup i am using headphone out for now. not sure is there any different if i use the lightning out to 3.5mm E12A. need to find out from the iphone user.

Thanks for the advice again.

It's not as convenient in a stacked config, but the lightning to 30 pin apple sells would work with any fiio 30pin to 3.5mm. Do wish they made in the nice L16/L17 style, though.
Also you'd be using the DAC chip in the adapter, some wolfson 85xx something something chip. There's a thread on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back