New DT880 owner *inital impressions*
Apr 28, 2007 at 12:10 PM Post #76 of 95
Just you wait untill they burn in. they get better and better!

Apr 28, 2007 at 3:08 PM Post #77 of 95
Quote:

Personally I don't worry about "burn'in in" headphones, or gear.

Contrary to my usual doctrine, I'd have to say that I noticed no break-in with these phones. It must might be that you don't like their lean, "accurate" sound - making the nicely balanced Grado SR225 sound like bass monsters. It may be that you just don't like/unaccustomed to their sound. Although I don't own them anymore, their headroom and clarity are exceptional.

Apr 29, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #78 of 95
i noticed beneficial improvements from all of my equipment after use (usually first 50-100 hours) and the DT880 was no exception. the headphones initially sounded very thin with somewhat shrill highs and non-existent bass. after 100 or so, things sounds much better. the bass is still not as much as i would hope, but considering how well the dt880 reproduces detail, i think it is a fair trade off.

Jul 2, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #79 of 95
Ok, a bit of a update for you guys.
bass sounds perfect now. steller detail from these cans from th bottom to the top
smily_headphones1.gif

After giving them time to burn it they seem sooo much better!

Jul 2, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #80 of 95
lol they required 1 year burn in?

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #81 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh my goodness, this is the funniest thing I've seen all day!

This is pretty much as bad as you can get in terms of sources for these theadphones. Trust me, your headphones are not reaching their full potential, not even by a long shot.

First things first, bypass the Logitech speakers. Go directly into the onboard sound card. Next, get a dedicated DAC or better sound card ASAP. Onboard sound is usually very bad. Then, after you upgrade your source, start looking at amps. I say this only because the amp will *kinda* be wasted on the source. Garbage in -> Garbage out.

After you do all this upgrding, you should like these headphones much more. Who knows, now that I know what you have been driving the DT770pro with, there's a very good chance you may have liked them when they are at their full potential.....

By the way, I just can't see how the bass of the DT770pro could be "Too" much, and the bass of the DT880 is not enough. They are really close.

so true.

Jul 3, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #82 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caution /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol they required 1 year burn in?

LMAO!!!
no not really. I just don't use these cans that often. mainly late at night when I can't use my desktop speakers.

Jul 3, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #83 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so true.

I still have yet to upgrade sources but I do want to do that in the very near future.

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #84 of 95
Quote:

Listening to Songs from the Big Chair by Tears for Fears through my 1616M and OH MY GOD The Working Hour sounds RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!

yes, the DT880's are amazing. as with any setup, if you components are matched to one another, then you'll be rewarded. I've been trying to sell my DT880's, but I am now seriously doubting it since I got my woo 3+ and IT IS WONDERFUL

Jul 9, 2008 at 5:43 PM Post #85 of 95
upgraded my source to a set of pro audio monitors with a much better headphone output.
now I can hear!!!
I need to get a deadicated headphone amp for these guys.

Jun 30, 2011 at 8:45 AM Post #87 of 95
I can say honestly these phones after 100 hours sound very very different. They really are amazing headphones for the price. I have my T1 coming today but I am not sure I wont keep these also. They are super comfortable and really the best of the rest in this price range that I have heard and compete well with the flagships. Built well and so musical its scary at this price level a headphone could be this good.

Jun 30, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #88 of 95

Quote:
Heh, the funny thing is, since my post in here, I haven't put not even 100 hours into my DT-880s but that's gonna soon change LOL. :p

Holy man, nice 3 year bump. 

I'll contribute; they sound pretty good to me right now, but I'm waiting on an amp (running these ampless). 

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #90 of 95
I now have a Matrix Mini-i that lets these cans shine
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back