New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion
May 4, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #3,289 of 5,077
What did you do to fix it?
Unfortunately, I haven't figured out what exactly is causing the problem and I spoke too soon as it went off again about two hours ago! Definitely leaning away from it being an AudioQuest or Foobar2000 problem but rather a Chrome, YouTube, and WIN10 system/driver conflict of some sort.

Last edited:
May 5, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #3,291 of 5,077
Good to see that the dfr can drive the monoliths.did you do any mods with your monoliths?

Thank you.

No not yet, though I'm also posting on the M1060 thread, joking with another user there about some black TP we'd seen on Amazon. Apparently the best mod, and nearly free, is a round of paper towel sandwich behind the driver... Although obviously creating aesthetics issues.

May 10, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #3,293 of 5,077
As a Dragonfly and Oppo HA-2 owner, I've been following the discussions of the iOS 10.3.x issues in several threads (the Mojo thread as well). I was fortunate enough to read the complaints before I updated.

One question asked in the Oppo thread was whether or not anyone has had this issue with an iPad. I would add a follow-up question to iPad owners - does your iPad have cellular capability or is it only WiFi.

May 10, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #3,294 of 5,077
AQ I find a bit unreliable. Beetle DAC announced Jan 2016 (not 2017) and still no sign but "coming soon" on their web. Announced app and firmware update for DFB/DFR and then nothing so far. Also wonder when they are going to start to produce USB-C cables... but I do like my DFR.

May 10, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #3,295 of 5,077
Anyone using DFR with iPhone 7+ and can confirm its functioning? What adapter would I need?
You'd have to get a CCK at a minimum, no other options. Just get a CCK 3.

May 11, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #3,298 of 5,077
Unfortunately, I haven't figured out what exactly is causing the problem and I spoke too soon as it went off again about two hours ago! Definitely leaning away from it being an AudioQuest or Foobar2000 problem but rather a Chrome, YouTube, and WIN10 system/driver conflict of some sort.
I think I have pin-pointed the culprit... sound turns off only when listening to music on YouTube in Chrome whether Foobar2K or any other program is open or not. Now I need to figure out a solution.

Last edited:
May 11, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #3,299 of 5,077
I think I have pin-pointed the culprit... sound turns off only when listening to music on YouTube in Chrome whether Foobar2K or any other program is open or not. Now I need to figure out a solution.

Hideeho

Are you going through a USB hub? I have been trying to replicate the issue with my desktop & laptop. The only way I have come close is when I plug my DFB into an OLD hub. It usually will give me a low resources warning & does as you describe otherwise, but every now & then it just shuts down while leaving the LED lit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back