New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion
Apr 4, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #3,046 of 5,077
It's a small workaround. The Tidal mobile app does not display whether or not an album is the Masters version, only the desktop app does. However, when a Masters album or track is added to favorites on the desktop app, the same Masters can be accessed via USB Audio Player Pro by logging into Tidal through the USB Audio Player Pro interface and selecting songs in your favorites list.

Do you know which piece of software is doing the partial unfolding? Is it UAPP or the Tidal Android App?

Apr 4, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #3,047 of 5,077
Do you know which piece of software is doing the partial unfolding? Is it UAPP or the Tidal Android App?

There is no partial unfolding on any mobile app. On UAPP, once you enable Bit Perfect playback, you'll be able to access the MQA file which will only be unfolded if it's fed into an MQA-enabled DAC. Otherwise you just get a 24/44.1 or 24/48 with the MQA de-blurring already embedded in it. Either way, I prefer them to the regular Hifi files.

Apr 5, 2017 at 3:56 AM Post #3,048 of 5,077
I am not sure what I listen from DFR when I upgrade firmware for CCK3- The sound from IPad start to thinner with less bass and it is even worse sound in comparison direct 3.5 mm connector which would never happen before even the with the light on. 
Can anyone know how to reboost it to firmware 1.0.1 instead of 1.0.5 for CCK 3

Apr 5, 2017 at 4:29 AM Post #3,049 of 5,077
I'm starting to think that buying Onkyo or Oppo DAC (basically mfi certified) is much more safe because who knows what Apple will screw up in next update. Those things aren't dependend on other accessories so less chance to have problems with them

Apr 5, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #3,050 of 5,077
I'm starting to think that buying Onkyo or Oppo DAC (basically mfi certified) is much more safe because who knows what Apple will screw up in next update. Those things aren't dependend on other accessories so less chance to have problems with them

MFI certification is no guarantee that a device won't be broken by a future update. I have a device, not audio related, that was MFi certified on iOS 9, but iOS 10 broke it because Apple changed the APIs that this device used. It's been confirmed by the manufacturer that it will never work on anything above iOS 9.

I had 6 months use out of it before it became landfill.

Apr 5, 2017 at 7:03 AM Post #3,051 of 5,077

Ummmm - take a look at the recent posts on the Oppo threads.  (I own both.)

Apr 5, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #3,053 of 5,077
5957432c8fffafac85aa33c23c37658e.jpg

Hi guys,
I just received my dragontail and tinkered with it. I was listening to a hotel California track (tidal mqa 24 bit) in uapp with DFR, I thought I heard some weird sound on 0:23 - 0:34.. There's a sound like a car / plane just bypassing you.. Try it! :)
Is the artist really meant to put this 'car/plane' sound or a problem with the recording even though it's classified as mqa?
I've compared the sound between dfr and just the regular headphone jack on S7 edge and they produced the same sound.
Perhaps there's someone who loves eagles songs and have their original cd album can confirm this..

Cheers,

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Apr 5, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #3,054 of 5,077
5957432c8fffafac85aa33c23c37658e.jpg

Hi guys,
I just received my dragontail and tinkered with it. I was listening to a hotel California track (tidal mqa 24 bit) in uapp with DFR, I thought I heard some weird sound on 0:23 - 0:34.. There's a sound like a car / plane just bypassing you.. Try it!
smily_headphones1.gif

Is the artist really meant to put this 'car/plane' sound or a problem with the recording even though it's classified as mqa?
I've compared the sound between dfr and just the regular headphone jack on S7 edge and they produced the same sound.
Perhaps there's someone who loves eagles songs and have their original cd album can confirm this..

Cheers,

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I heard what I think you're referring to on both the MQA (Tidal desktop) and the DVD-A.  I'm pretty sure it's always been part of the recording.

Apr 5, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #3,056 of 5,077
guys anybody use it with Focal Elear and Iphone7?

how is the sound?

I have the focal utopias and have used them with the dfr, unfortunately this was not a good pairing. The dfr is too bright and under powered, thins the sound and can make poor recordings or bright recordings not listenable. Still will play at a high enough volume with the iPhone 7plus. Both focals match well with the mojo, I demod both that way before buying the utopia.

Apr 6, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #3,057 of 5,077
CCK2 on iphone 7 plus running 10.2 suddenly decided to stop supporting Dragonfly red. CCK2 detects the red and then after a few seconds of Spotify audio drops out the support and a pop up on "unsupported accessory" comes on.reboot doesn't help. Wth. Doubt it's a 10.3 firmware issue now.

Apr 6, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #3,058 of 5,077
CCK2 on iphone 7 plus running 10.2 suddenly decided to stop supporting Dragonfly red. CCK2 detects the red and then after a few seconds of Spotify audio drops out the support and a pop up on "unsupported accessory" comes on.reboot doesn't help. Wth. Doubt it's a 10.3 firmware issue now.

Updste 10.3.1 then it comes back to normal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back