New desktop USB DAC&AMP - FiiO K3 (E30),384K/32b,DSD DOP,typeC
Apr 11, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #197 of 208
changing the panel options to Visible doesn't do anything for me, its still blank except for the status which shows no usb device detected, its like the fiio driver cant detect my unit even in usb 1 mode. The clicking and popping is very audible and extremely annoying.

I already tried everything written on the installation instructions on fiio website for windows 7, nothing works.

people planning to buy the k3 beware this thing has some serious problems like the topping dx3 pro. no point having a nice hardware that wont work because of stupid firmware and drivers.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #199 of 208
changing the panel options to Visible doesn't do anything for me, its still blank except for the status which shows no usb device detected, its like the fiio driver cant detect my unit even in usb 1 mode. The clicking and popping is very audible and extremely annoying.

I already tried everything written on the installation instructions on fiio website for windows 7, nothing works.

people planning to buy the k3 beware this thing has some serious problems like the topping dx3 pro. no point having a nice hardware that wont work because of stupid firmware and drivers.

I'd suggest seeing if you can test some more. My K3 works with both a Win7 (older) and Win 10 (newer) machine. 1.1 works out of the box. Installing the 4.47 USB driver was flawless. Once installed, switch to USB 2, replug, instantly recognised. No issues here with either machine.

Suspect your issue could be the K3, or maybe even somthing to do with your PC/laptop issue.

Apr 15, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #200 of 208
[ I'm crazy about Fiio stuff in general but I have to say that so far I'm regretting upgrading to the K3 from the E10k. The E10k just worked perfectly all the time and I never had to think about it beyond admiring the sound quality it gave me. The K3 seems to be a constant headache with Windows 10 to the point where - and this is no real hardship, of course - I'm using my Q5 as a desktop DAC instead of the K3 because the Q5 just works. The K3 constantly seems to be reporting driver issues via red LED or not getting noticed by the PC at all. Continually having to return to it, replug it, try different USB ports etc is leading to me wishing I hadn't sold the E10k so quickly. ]

Actually, scratch this. I need to go back and read the manual and understand how the thing is supposed to function before I start saying it's not working. I had it totally wrong about the function of the red led for a start.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #202 of 208
[ I'm crazy about Fiio stuff in general but I have to say that so far I'm regretting upgrading to the K3 from the E10k. The E10k just worked perfectly all the time and I never had to think about it beyond admiring the sound quality it gave me. The K3 seems to be a constant headache with Windows 10 to the point where - and this is no real hardship, of course - I'm using my Q5 as a desktop DAC instead of the K3 because the Q5 just works. The K3 constantly seems to be reporting driver issues via red LED or not getting noticed by the PC at all. Continually having to return to it, replug it, try different USB ports etc is leading to me wishing I hadn't sold the E10k so quickly. ]

Actually, scratch this. I need to go back and read the manual and understand how the thing is supposed to function before I start saying it's not working. I had it totally wrong about the function of the red led for a start.
Using k3 with windows10 long time 3 months and didn't had any of your problem. Just plugged, installed drivers and that's all. Nothing to do more. So possibly your unit is faulty

May 1, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #205 of 208
Does the K3 heat up a lot while in use, the unit gets really hot after a while and even hotter compared to the previous e10k, Is this normal?
Mine just a little bit warm and not hot after play for 4-5 hours.

May 6, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #207 of 208
Before I got K3, I use desktop USB DAC. It is too big. I let K3 play for about a week before listen to it

I notice that there is a noise or click sound repeat every 20-30 sec. I then try to change pre-buffering time from 6 seconds (default value) to 20 seconds in Jriver Audio option. Noise sound still there

I switch between play from memory to play from disk. Can't solve the problem

Then I change buffering in device setting to maximum value (from 50 to 500 milliseconds). Problem solved.

wRgnsg.jpg

Never face the problem like this when using others USB DAC.

I'm very happy with this little giant. Small to put on desk but have full functions as desktop DAC. It perfectly match with FH5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back