New desktop USB DAC&AMP - FiiO K3 (E30),384K/32b,DSD DOP,typeC
Jul 3, 2018 at 5:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 208

demond

100+ Head-Fier
FiiO K3 Preview Tour Starts Now!-- The All-New Desktop DAC/Amplifier
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...-amplifier.889473/?tdsourcetag=s_pctim_aiomsg
-----------September 22--------------------------------

K3 trial production is completed, ready to organize audition experience activities
-----------September 21--------------------------------
10172917.jpg

----------------------------------------------
Modify product model: K3
-----------September 5th--------------------------------

E30 is not only the E10K upgraded version, but also the desktop version of the Q1MKII.

Introduction:

1. Launch time: September. We already opened the mould.

2. Product design already confirmed.

3. Price: will similar as Q1MKII.

E30-Render2.0-A.jpg

Main features:

1.USB DAC decoding, Type C connector, supports decoding up to 384k/32bit, and DOP output

2. 3.5mm headphone output and 2.5mm balanced output.

3. 3.5mm line out.

4. ADC volume wheel with power switch.

5. coxial/optical output (coxial up to 192kHz and optical up to 96kHz)

6. Gain/Bass switch

7. RGB light indicator,
without any input signal: Red,
Working <HiRes sampling rates: Blue,
Working >Hi-res sampling rates: Yellow,
Native DSD output: Green

8. USB Driver-free mode: No need to install any drive once you select the "driver-free" mode.

Products in sale:

41Taa5DTsKL.jpg

(FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier (Black) )

QQ拼音截图20180705095256.png

(FiiO Q1 Mark II Native DSD DAC & Amplifier for iPhone, iPod, iPad )

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #4 of 208
I love the USB 1.0/2.0 switch that allows it to easily go driverless with any PC.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2018 at 8:43 PM Post #5 of 208
Same power as Q1mkII? Looking for something that can power T50RP headphones on my PC. Love my Q1mkII but it's not high powered.

Jul 8, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #6 of 208
Same power as Q1mkII? Looking for something that can power T50RP headphones on my PC. Love my Q1mkII but it's not high powered.
It's almost the same as Q1Ⅱ. If you want more power, I suggest you use the 2.5 balanced output, but I don't know if your headset can be used like this.

Jul 9, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #7 of 208
It's almost the same as Q1Ⅱ. If you want more power, I suggest you use the 2.5 balanced output, but I don't know if your headset can be used like this.

Yes, balanced is working great for my other planars on the Q1mkII. The Fostex's would have to be modified to run balanced.

Thanks for the info!

Jul 29, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #8 of 208
The circular silica pad used by E10K is easy to fall off.
So this time it will chang into a rectangle. And mark the 4pcs in the package.
I have compared EVA, Rubber and Foam gaskets.
EVA is too soft and easy to break. Rubber is easy to stick to dust.
The most suitable one is the foam (PORON vhm-15). like this.
IMG_2226.JPG

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2018 at 1:06 AM Post #9 of 208
This runs off of USB power and has no battery right?

Looks like a nice entry level desktop setup.

Aug 6, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #11 of 208
I cut my teeth in this hobby with my first ever Dac/amp combo E17, then the E10, still have the E10. Was such a great experience back then, the sound at the time was marvelous!

Glad to see Fiio still working hard on their product line up, I have a feeling this thing is gonna be HYPE! A small little unit that can do 2.5mm balanced out, quite a few peripherals that this thing is going to support at your desktop is seriously a great value buy!

How much they asking for E30 @demond?

Aug 11, 2018 at 2:20 AM Post #12 of 208
I cut my teeth in this hobby with my first ever Dac/amp combo E17, then the E10, still have the E10. Was such a great experience back then, the sound at the time was marvelous!

Glad to see Fiio still working hard on their product line up, I have a feeling this thing is gonna be HYPE! A small little unit that can do 2.5mm balanced out, quite a few peripherals that this thing is going to support at your desktop is seriously a great value buy!

How much they asking for E30 @demond?
Thank you. The price is about 100 dollars.
At present, we have completed the engineering prototype assembly, probably listened to it, the sound is the kind I like.

Aug 11, 2018 at 2:30 AM Post #14 of 208
Last edited:
Aug 13, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #15 of 208
Excellent ! Cannot wait to get my hands on one! you can send me sample for "testing" any time (not suspicious at all -_- )
I hope it won't be too expensive in Poland :p
My e10k is just holding with double sided tape and it's ok but the new feet is a nice upgrade.
One thing I hope gets better is handling of bass boost. With e10k, the sound seems more flat/hollow with bass off than on other devices. Like if something is missing.
So even though, the bass boos is an optional mode, it is the preferred listening mode for me despite a little bit of clipping on some tracks. It sounds really nice and warm with koss porta pro overall.
One thing that fiio does, that others do not is line out in the back. That's great - my mackie speakers are connected on the back.

Also - my e10k does have some popping when music starts/stops but it might have more to do with how windows handles usb audio than fiio itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back