New Custom SinglePower Amp
Jan 25, 2007 at 1:20 AM Post #61 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tkam,
Did you get Mikhail to specially tune this amp for the L3000? Have you listened to the amp using higher impedance headphone?

No special tuning that I'm aware of, he knows which headphones I own and they are pretty wide ranging so I doubt he did any specific tuning for just one of them. I have tried it with all my headphones including the 650 and k1000 it sounds amazing with those as well.

Jan 25, 2007 at 11:45 AM Post #62 of 67
My thought:

The 6414 + KenRad VT-231s won't give you the presence or the volume of the 6414 + 6BL7s, but it will give you a level of tonal refinement and better soundstage that will sound very good on acoustic music, jazz and blues, and vocals.

Another combination I have grown very fond of is the RCA TMBP 5751 + Sylvania 5687s. This combo produces a beautifully mellow midrange, but retains the overall presence of the 5687s.

Jan 25, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #63 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is a reason so many people own so many SP amps in different price ranges. They all have something to offer.
That said, When it comes to headphone amplification....Your there.
icon10.gif

I guess I miss the "excitement" of new gear. Seeing tkams beauty and reading of the Supra XLR Extreme just gave me a case of envy plus I wonder what goodies Mikhail has under the hood on those two amps. Never satisfied I guess.
blink.gif

Jan 25, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #64 of 67
NO! Im not dead. But to comment on tkam's amp, it looks splendid.
eek.gif
We will have to have a "HeadFi" meet at Mikey's house in late Feb. or March to hear it as well as Earls new offerings. Possible "date requirement" input from future attendents is needed though.
rolleyes.gif

I recently bought some equiptment, but it is not Stereo related.
frown.gif

ic7800sml.jpg

It tis an Icom IC 7800.

Jan 25, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #65 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently bought some equiptment, but it is not Stereo related.
frown.gif

no problem, just get another one and use one per channel.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 26, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #66 of 67
I just got home tonight wow woo hoo that is cool!

Mine is due here tomorrow morning:.... Mikhail wants me to call him after I have give-it a listen
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
. Like I am going to take the headphones off to talk on the phone.

You me and Earl need to get togeather soon!
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess I miss the "excitement" of new gear. Seeing tkams beauty and reading of the Supra XLR Extreme just gave me a case of envy plus I wonder what goodies Mikhail has under the hood on those two amps. Never satisfied I guess.
blink.gif

Ken the excitement is making my hair grayer! My Supra Extreme XLR is going to be here tomorrow. When it gets here I will bet you there are already 5 things Mikhail wants to try on the next amp.

Mikhail is a one of a kind designer. I hope as my income grows. I will be able to stay on top of the singlepower heap (not a challange) if for no other reason than being involved in headphones in such an excitment time.

Jan 27, 2007 at 4:10 AM Post #67 of 67
Congrats on finally getting your amp! And double congrats on using Bendix Redbanks tubes...Can't beat those beauties! When I'm visiting CMU I'll have to pop by for a long listening session
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back