New Custom SinglePower Amp
Jan 21, 2007 at 5:23 AM Post #17 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's dual 20 amp transformers

Mikhail said he had some 20 amp units to try out with the 6528's. 20 amps .... Wow!
blink.gif

Jan 21, 2007 at 4:33 PM Post #19 of 67
Congratulations tkam to an impressive Singlepower! It really looks good. Beautiful - beautiful. I take it you'll be cuffed to it during the burn-in.
icon10.gif

Pls. tell us more about it. Does it have adjustable bias, both voltage and current? Which options, coupling caps, power caps; specials? We demand some specs here man, and of course a full report on the sonics.
cool.gif

Jan 21, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #21 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulations tkam to an impressive Singlepower! It really looks good. Beautiful - beautiful. I take it you'll be cuffed to it during the burn-in.
icon10.gif

Pls. tell us more about it. Does it have adjustable bias, both voltage and current? Which options, coupling caps, power caps; specials? We demand some specs here man, and of course a full report on the sonics.
cool.gif

Hehe, well it has lots of blackgates in it
smily_headphones1.gif
. No adjustable bias, if your wondering the two switches on the top of the amp are for enabling and disabling the 2nd gain stage. Most of my listening is with the 2nd gain stage disabled as it is only really useful with my K1000s. Other basic specs is the volume control is a stepped attenuator and the amp has two inputs and a pre-amp out.

As to the sound, it throws an absolutely huge cohesive soundstage and really seems to have unlimited dynamic range. It also does bass like nothing I've ever heard, extremely deep, tight and tremendous impact. This is also a very transparent amp with great resolution throughout the frequency range.

Jan 21, 2007 at 9:18 PM Post #24 of 67
With the Opus 21 in stock form I think the apl philips is actually fairly close. With the Opus being more resolving and having better pace and the philips have a richer, warmer sound. Now since I've had the Opus modded though it's a better player across the board. Don't get me wrong though the apl philips is a wonderful player and I still enjoy it.

Jan 21, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #25 of 67
I noticed in your sig that you have it named as a "mystery amp".Does Mikhail have a name for this amp or will it be just a one of a kind amp?If so what will you call it
icon10.gif

Jan 21, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #30 of 67
Now that is an awsome looking amp. Im a total sucker for all those awsome tubes.
Any estimate of how much power its putting out with the 2nd gain stage added in?
-greg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back