New Custom SinglePower Amp
Jan 22, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #31 of 67
I've been doing alot of listening today and it really strikes me how every tube combo I try sounds amazing. This is a truly special amp that seems to get the best out of any headphone I throw at it.

Jan 22, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #32 of 67
mind giving a relitive cost?
I know its one of those if you have to ask things... but ya know
wink.gif

Jan 22, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #33 of 67
Beautiful amp. That dwarf tube is cute. =] I wonder how much this set you back. =T

Jan 22, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #35 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hehe, well it has lots of blackgates in it
smily_headphones1.gif
. No adjustable bias, if your wondering the two switches on the top of the amp are for enabling and disabling the 2nd gain stage. Most of my listening is with the 2nd gain stage disabled as it is only really useful with my K1000s. Other basic specs is the volume control is a stepped attenuator and the amp has two inputs and a pre-amp out.

As to the sound, it throws an absolutely huge cohesive soundstage and really seems to have unlimited dynamic range. It also does bass like nothing I've ever heard, extremely deep, tight and tremendous impact. This is also a very transparent amp with great resolution throughout the frequency range.

You naughty, naughty boy...
evil_smiley.gif
It has to sound exquisite!

I have a name for you:

[size=small]BiCirq

alternatively

B’Circ

[/size]
Short for a design with basically two circuits for different applications. The ring of the word associates to berserk, as in "going berserk", meaning going into battle raging - fearing none.

With a bit of exotic spelling, you have a describing name with looks – and - a punch.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 22, 2007 at 9:01 PM Post #39 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frihed89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Power" dials? Two?

They are for enabling and disabling the 2nd gain stage. One for each channel so they both need to be set to "enable" or "disable".

Jan 22, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #40 of 67
Can you enable 1 and disable the other? Maybe one ear is more sensitive than the other and requires more volume? =]

Jan 22, 2007 at 9:28 PM Post #41 of 67
can you run ecc adptrs on the gainers for additional 9pin tubes?
Sweet looking amp tkam, happy to see it finally too..just great

Jan 22, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #42 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can you run ecc adptrs on the gainers for additional 9pin tubes?
Sweet looking amp tkam, happy to see it finally too..just great

Yep I can run just about any tube in the gain positions. I have ecc adapters and a 2c51 adapter and should have some 5687 adapters on the way.

Jan 22, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #43 of 67
I would absolutely love to hear the K1000 through that amp!!!
icon10.gif

Congrats on what is no doubt a beautiful sounding amp!!!!!

Jan 23, 2007 at 3:11 PM Post #45 of 67
I am glad to see that the amp is up to expectations, and perhaps beyond.
smily_headphones1.gif

Still - I - am not entirely satisfied just yet.
evil_smiley.gif
Do you know if it has been derived from an earlier Singlepower design, e.g. a MPX3 or a Supra? Perhaps it is an entirely new design? I would like to put it on the list of "Unofficial Singlepower Models", but then I would need a little help with the classification. It really does look like nothing else, so far.
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back