New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
May 9, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #46 of 4,065
I have three main questions?

First - I want to buy custom tips for my pair of IEMs right now. They are TDK BA200. I am not sure what size the nozzle are so I wondering if you could make molds for these?

Second - If I want to purchase a pair of custom tips as well as the Pro 330, do I only need one set of impressions, or would I need two?

Third - Where would I go to preorder the Pro 330?

May 9, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #47 of 4,065
Quote:
I have three main questions?

First - I want to buy custom tips for my pair of IEMs right now. They are TDK BA200. I am not sure what size the nozzle are so I wondering if you could make molds for these?

Second - If I want to purchase a pair of custom tips as well as the Pro 330, do I only need one set of impressions, or would I need two?

Third - Where would I go to preorder the Pro 330?

Hi. TDK BA200 is T100 (you can go to http://www.complyfoam.com/ and find your earphones) so the pricing is standard
2. No, you need only one set of ear impressions.
3. Send me PM, I will send you an ordering form on 15th of May, when pre-order starts. You'll have to fill it in and send it to me along your impressions

Hope that answers your questions :)

May 9, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #49 of 4,065
Quote:
Like for sleeping or on stage hearing protection? No problem.

I would love to get custom silicon earplugs for sleeping. Normal earplugs just don't block out the sharp sound of a key/lock turning and door closing. 

May 15, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #52 of 4,065
Congrats on your new business! I've never bought anything from Peter but he's a great guy to talk to and he knows what to do to design great products (technical wise, I haven't heard anything so can't comment on the sound :p).

May 17, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #53 of 4,065
pro 330 ordered! Really looking forward to see Piotr's work! That will be my first silicone CIEMS

May 18, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #55 of 4,065
Quote:
Ditto, I'm also in for the 330.  The sound signature described should work very well with vocal trance.  I'm also excited to own a CIEM with more isolation than my acrylic CT-500.

i'm quite curious because my ears got used to the acrylic and the isolation got less intense with the time....still great, but i could hear much more after a few weeks then in the beginning. I guess it's the magic of our human body! Always gets used to the things and makes something out of it! :)

May 18, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #56 of 4,065
Quote:
i'm quite curious because my ears got used to the acrylic and the isolation got less intense with the time....still great, but i could hear much more after a few weeks then in the beginning. I guess it's the magic of our human body! Always gets used to the things and makes something out of it! :)

I think the isolation is the same, but for hollow shelled acrylic certain frequencies aren't blocked.  I still find my CIEMS to be very isolating but I know there are better options.

I was trying to decide between silicone or acrylic with a silicone fill when this Custom Arts thread went up offering a great price for a silicone triple driver.  My fingers are crossed it works out.

May 18, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #59 of 4,065
Domain name expired.
It's really pretty easy to, say, not check the email account you registered the domain with and miss the domain expiration date =/
because who puts that on their calendar, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back