New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Nov 17, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #3,451 of 4,065
  As for the CIEM, I don't know how to search it tbh. What keyword would a thief use to list it? Hearing aid?

We use mainly 'Maßgefertigte InEar Monitor' as formal description even German CIEM vendors and HiFi dealers using this, alternative are the following synonyms 'Angepasstes InEar Monitoring' and 'InEar Monitoring Hörersysteme' . I doubt he would use "Hörgerät" but you can try as well sure, we don't know what channel he will use or what he will do with your CIEM, maybe he has zero glue what how much it's worth and don't take care at all about it.

Btw. we can continue about this over the PM system :)

Nov 17, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #3,452 of 4,065
If they pop up in the netherlands i will contact you...

Nov 18, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #3,453 of 4,065

We use mainly 'Maßgefertigte InEar Monitor' as formal description even German CIEM vendors and HiFi dealers using this, alternative are the following synonyms 'Angepasstes InEar Monitoring' and 'InEar Monitoring Hörersysteme' . I doubt he would use "Hörgerät" but you can try as well sure, we don't know what channel he will use or what he will do with your CIEM, maybe he has zero glue what how much it's worth and don't take care at all about it.

Btw. we can continue about this over the PM system :)

No luck for now, not even my Thinkpad has been listed or has been turned on.

Guess I'll just wait for the police.

If they pop up in the netherlands i will contact you...

Thanks!

Nov 18, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #3,456 of 4,065
  Sadly no insurance.

does anyone of us here has insured his TOTL ciems against loss ? maybe we should ? but what happened to you is a huge unfortunate thing hope some happy ending comes up

what are you gonna do now , build same one or try something new ?

Nov 18, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #3,457 of 4,065

does anyone of us here has insured his TOTL ciems against loss ? maybe we should ? but what happened to you is a huge unfortunate thing hope some happy ending comes up

what are you gonna do now , build same one or try something new ?

Normally I'm very careful, but well, bad thing happens.

I'll just wait for now and use my GR07 for the time being. The thing is, if I order the same one now and a month later or so, the police finds my bag with the CIEM still inside (hopefully), I would end up with two of the same things.
If something new, I'm hoping FIBAE is ready to order January 2017.
(Except if there's someone here who wants to sell their H8 Pro. Yes, H8 Pro. I need dem treble)

Nov 21, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #3,458 of 4,065
Is there any good comparisons between the Music One, Two and the Ei.3? Can't seem to decided between the three. I've read that Custom Art IEMS tends to be bassy? Not really a bass guy but I generally like a tight controlled bass... or maybe I'll just fork out for the Harmony but not sure if it's worth for my use as I will be using my phone as a source only.

Nov 21, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #3,459 of 4,065
Is there any good comparisons between the Music One, Two and the Ei.3? Can't seem to decided between the three. I've read that Custom Art IEMS tends to be bassy? Not really a bass guy but I generally like a tight controlled bass... or maybe I'll just fork out for the Harmony but not sure if it's worth for my use as I will be using my phone as a source only.

I haven't heard the Music One, Two, or Ei.3 in a very long time, but I own the 8.2 and I love its easygoing-yet-engaging, musical signature.

I must say, it is quite full-sounding, however it's not necessarily due to the bass. The bass is certainly impactful and visceral but it's, by no stretch of the imagination, boomy or skull-rocking; it's beautifully textured and controlled.

As far as your source goes, Piotr has developed the H8.2 with the ability to adapt to different sources with different output impedances such that changing between source to source should not change the sound that much, if at all. So, that shouldn't be an area of concern.

Nov 21, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #3,460 of 4,065

Music One - generally flat
Music Two - more V-shaped Music One
Ei.3 - more bassy with smoothed out highs compared to M2. Same tier as M2.

Each of our IEM has different signature, I'd say it's too much generalization to say our IEMs are bassy.

Nov 21, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #3,461 of 4,065
I haven't heard the Music One, Two, or Ei.3 in a very long time, but I own the 8.2 and I love its easygoing-yet-engaging, musical signature.

I must say, it is quite full-sounding, however it's not necessarily due to the bass. The bass is certainly impactful and visceral but it's, by no stretch of the imagination, boomy or skull-rocking; it's beautifully textured and controlled.

As far as your source goes, Piotr has developed the H8.2 with the ability to adapt to different sources with different output impedances such that changing between source to source should not change the sound that much, if at all. So, that shouldn't be an area of concern.

Ei.3 - more bassy with smoothed out highs compared to M2. Same tier as M2.

Each of our IEM has different signature, I'd say it's too much generalization to say our IEMs are bassy.

Thanks. Think I might just go all out for the Harmony instead as a first CIEM :)

Nov 21, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #3,462 of 4,065
Thanks. Think I might just go all out for the Harmony instead as a first CIEM :)

I started out with the music two as my first ciem and loved it, but a kept getting curious about sound so I moved to the EI.XX that has incredible lows but I felt the midrange suffered a bit and I tried the 8.2 that I have on tour in Denmark and soon in Europe aswell and I was sold it's such an amazing musical CIEM that I can listen to all day

Nov 21, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #3,463 of 4,065

Seems like a very good choice... Personally I've always been a "headphone"-guy, but decided that I needed something more portable for trips - so I started in the CIEM world with the H8Pro last year, but are now on the H8.2 thanks to the upgrade offer Piotr made possible.
If you are coming from a more "normal/musical/non-analytical" headphone the H8.2 is the perfect choice to be honest. :) 

By coincidence I have the "whole" Custom Art line-up in front of me right now (M1, M2, EI.3, Ei.xx, Pro330v2 and H8.2 - thanks to the Danish tour). I'm in the process of writing a longer review for each of them and from my perspective you cannot go wrong with the H8.2 - everything just sounds good on it. Best word to describe the H8.2 is actually "harmony". It a so well chosen name for it.
And btw my 2nd runner up is the Pro330v2 if you are into something that is a little more "bright", but not too much and neutral sounding - I like it basically because it's different in a good way from the H8.2. I'll might consider buying it if a used one comes up at a good price. :)

Nov 22, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #3,464 of 4,065

Seems like a very good choice... Personally I've always been a "headphone"-guy, but decided that I needed something more portable for trips - so I started in the CIEM world with the H8Pro last year, but are now on the H8.2 thanks to the upgrade offer Piotr made possible.
If you are coming from a more "normal/musical/non-analytical" headphone the H8.2 is the perfect choice to be honest. :) 

By coincidence I have the "whole" Custom Art line-up in front of me right now (M1, M2, EI.3, Ei.xx, Pro330v2 and H8.2 - thanks to the Danish tour). I'm in the process of writing a longer review for each of them and from my perspective you cannot go wrong with the H8.2 - everything just sounds good on it. Best word to describe the H8.2 is actually "harmony". It a so well chosen name for it.
And btw my 2nd runner up is the Pro330v2 if you are into something that is a little more "bright", but not too much and neutral sounding - I like it basically because it's different in a good way from the H8.2. I'll might consider buying it if a used one comes up at a good price. :)

Same. I usually bring a pair when I am travelling but lately I got sick of just carrying a lot of things with me. Too bad I can't bring my Focal Elears everywhere with me.

Nov 26, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #3,465 of 4,065

I had just 7days with MusicOne MusicTwo and Harmony. I did not get time to review One and Two. With brief listening I would describe One as analytical and Two as neutral slight V shaped with good extension on both ends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back