New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Nov 26, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #3,466 of 4,065
Music One - generally flat
Music Two - more V-shaped Music One
Ei.3 - more bassy with smoothed out highs compared to M2. Same tier as M2.

Each of our IEM has different signature, I'd say it's too much generalization to say our IEMs are bassy.

The only custom art ciem I would call bassy would be the EI.XX

The rest are not that bassy but of cause that's a preference for each person

Dec 1, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #3,467 of 4,065
Hey Piotr, greetings from Canada! Sorry if this has already been answered but i was curious as to why the ei.3 isnt available in silicone as opposed to the rest of your iem lineup. Im interested in them but acrylic is a deal breaker for me... Thanks!

Dec 1, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #3,468 of 4,065
Ei.3 has been designed from scratch in acrylic, while other IEMs were originally available in silicone only and since the start of new Custom Art's website, they are also available in acrylic. The latter is, however, possible because only the exterior shell is made of acrylic, while the inside part is still filled with silicone to maintain original sound. In case of Ei.3, there's acrylic shell and empty inner part.

Technically, it is possible to make Ei.3 in silicone, but their original sound would alter in some unexpected way and it probably won't improve :)

Dec 2, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #3,469 of 4,065
Technically, it is possible to make Ei.3 in silicone, but their original sound would alter in some unexpected way and it probably won't improve :)

And that's why we won't do it.

Hey Piotr, greetings from Canada! Sorry if this has already been answered but i was curious as to why the ei.3 isnt available in silicone as opposed to the rest of your iem lineup. Im interested in them but acrylic is a deal breaker for me... Thanks!

Hollow acrylic shell has some acoustic properties that were taken into consideration while designing Ei.3 - the main is venting of low freq drivers for more bass response. When using vented drivers in full silicone you have still somewhat limited back volume, hollow acrylic has enough space behind driver to allow it to use driver's full potential

Dec 4, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #3,471 of 4,065
My silicon H8P recently got reshelled into acrylic. Asked Piotr to go nuts with the design. I couldn't be more impressed!

The pearl/red/dark blue combo looks even better in real life. Greatest compliments to the team!

Dec 5, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #3,472 of 4,065
  My silicon H8P recently got reshelled into acrylic. Asked Piotr to go nuts with the design. I couldn't be more impressed!

The pearl/red/dark blue combo looks even better in real life. Greatest compliments to the team!

They look great man!
rolleyes.gif

These are acrylic shells filled with silicone?
Did you stick with H8P or was it turned into a H8.2?

Dec 5, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #3,473 of 4,065

They look great man!
rolleyes.gif

These are acrylic shells filled with silicone?
Did you stick with H8P or was it turned into a H8.2?

I think they are, read that the insides are silicon to preserve the sound sig.

Stuck with H8P bcos the treble is really something special.

Dec 9, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #3,476 of 4,065
Am waiting 2 :wink:

Dec 10, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #3,479 of 4,065
  Hi Piotr

Any news about the universals? 

And specifically, will there be a Music One universal for sale soon?

Best wishes.

I think I replied to you on facebook, but will post here as well for visibility.

Unofficially any of our IEMs can be ordered in universal fit shell, but we don't plan on making Music One as mass-produced universal fit IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back