New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Jan 19, 2015 at 4:56 AM Post #2,117 of 4,065
I am curious what would tomscy2000 say about this burn in conversation actually
rolleyes.gif

beerchug.gif
j/k mate it is all good.

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #2,119 of 4,065
I thought that the Music One gonna be lacking compared to multi-ba iem. But when the music starts, it just proves how wrong I could be.
I am certainly amazed by the sound of it! It certainly can compete with other multi-ba iem and trump them.

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #2,122 of 4,065
I was auditioning the harmony 8 pro over the weekend and i am totally in love with the sound signature. However I have some concerns.

Firstly, this being my first custom, I'm not sure if I will be comfortable with the long stems. Is it possible to request for slightly shorter stems without sacrificing isolation?

Secondly, the cost of the h8pro is a concern for me too. If my ears are working right, i found the Music one to he like the little brother of H8 pro. Music two just felt too different (although reviewers in the recent tour felt that the music two was a more techincally competent music one).

Should I get the Music one first? Or should I go for the h8pro?

Jan 20, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #2,123 of 4,065
I was auditioning the harmony 8 pro over the weekend and i am totally in love with the sound signature. However I have some concerns.

Firstly, this being my first custom, I'm not sure if I will be comfortable with the long stems. Is it possible to request for slightly shorter stems without sacrificing isolation?

Secondly, the cost of the h8pro is a concern for me too. If my ears are working right, i found the Music one to he like the little brother of H8 pro. Music two just felt too different (although reviewers in the recent tour felt that the music two was a more techincally competent music one).

Regarding your first question, I think only Piotr can advise you accordingly.

You can get the Music One first, then get the H8P at a later date when you are ready. Both of them are in a league of their own :)

Jan 21, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #2,125 of 4,065
From my experience, shorter tubes will make a ciem sound brighter. In the case of H8P, harsher.

Jan 21, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #2,127 of 4,065

I think longer tubes bring more presence in midrange and vocals a bit but I don't have technical knowledge to be sure of course.

I cut my one of NT6's tube myself by ~ 0.3 nm..The sound became too bright!!! :p

Jan 21, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #2,129 of 4,065

No, canals have to have certain length otherwise you'll loose isolation and as guys mentioned before this would also had impact on sound, so there's not really good idea ...at all.  But believe me, with proper ear impressions you won't feel cIEMs in your ears.

I understand you second concern, I'd advice following. If you need IEM now get Music One or Two if you are looking for more base. As average_joe pointed in his review of H8P - you can here some qualities that M1 and H8P share but the gap between those two is quite big. If you can wait (like 2 months) we will be massdropping Harmony8 and 8Pro again (vote reached 200 some time ago).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back