New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Feb 14, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #617 of 4,065

How would you describe Mentor's sound signature? Basshead? Warm? Neutral? V/U shaped? Bright?

The treble is sparkling and extended more than K10 yet it does lay behind the mids which feels like so many awesome layers, and the bass is rumbling which will make anyone happy, its not warm its neutral yet not the kind of pro330, and don't worry its not u shaped, the forward mids is awesome and warm too.

i wish the Harmony will have less bass yet forward treble unlike the mentor + same kind of mids then i will be happy forever :3  

Feb 14, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #618 of 4,065
  The treble is sparkling and extended more than K10 yet it does lay behind the mids which feels like so many awesome layers, and the bass is rumbling which will make anyone happy, its not warm its neutral yet not the kind of pro330, and don't worry its not u shaped, the forward mids is awesome and warm too.

i wish the Harmony will have less bass yet forward treble unlike the mentor + same kind of mids then i will be happy forever :3  

I'm hoping the harmony will bring the same organic qualities to voice and instruments that the Pro330 did.  I want it to do so with more extension and texture on the bottom end but without any muddying of the mids which ideally would be the tiniest bit forward.

Feb 14, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #619 of 4,065
just got my 330v2, and boy, i'm speechless. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/697951/custom-art-pro330v2-review/15#post_10271640

Feb 14, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #620 of 4,065
Hi Guys,

I just went through the whole thread. I've had a few emails exchanges with Piotr and need some advice. I was basically looking for the Music Two but after reading all this some questions have arised. 

I am quite accostumed to fairly analytical sound (using Etymotic ER4PT and Fischer Audio DBA02 Mk2, AKG K601 but recently fell in love with Hifiman HE400. I am basically listening music with an Audio GD compass with Wolfson chip DAC. Basically I  am looking for a Etymotic ER4PT + deeper and structure bass plus more organic/thicker sound but keeping the detail: Ety to me is wonderful, detailed and has a relaxed relaxed presentation. I want something more exciting but not a V shaped sound. 

I don't if i make sense and if you can advise me what would be your choice in those circumstances.

I am just about to place the order as I have made ear impressiones today and will be sending them shortly!

Best regards from Spain

Feb 14, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #621 of 4,065
  Hi Guys,

I just went through the whole thread. I've had a few emails exchanges with Piotr and need some advice. I was basically looking for the Music Two but after reading all this some questions have arised. 

I am quite accostumed to fairly analytical sound (using Etymotic ER4PT and Fischer Audio DBA02 Mk2, AKG K601 but recently fell in love with Hifiman HE400. I am basically listening music with an Audio GD compass with Wolfson chip DAC. Basically I  am looking for a Etymotic ER4PT + deeper and structure bass plus more organic/thicker sound but keeping the detail: Ety to me is wonderful, detailed and has a relaxed relaxed presentation. I want something more exciting but not a V shaped sound. 

I don't if i make sense and if you can advise me what would be your choice in those circumstances.

I am just about to place the order as I have made ear impressiones today and will be sending them shortly!

Best regards from Spain

I really don't think you can go wrong with the Pro330.  It's more detailed than an Etymotic (though instruments are not as etched in space) while providing a beautiful, organic sound that's rare with multi-BA based drivers.

Feb 15, 2014 at 4:50 AM Post #624 of 4,065
Hi Guys,

Best regards from Spain

If you want sth similar to Ety than pro210 is the best choice (I had it and it is technical and detail oriented CIEM but rather bass light) if you want sth musical with organic sound and extended high and rumbling bass then maybe Music Two would be a good choice. Regarding pro330v2 they have organic vocals and extended high, they are not analytical, but they don't have much of the rumbling bass, they have more bass than pro210 but for example my Cosmic Ears have more authority, punch and the rumbling bass (they share similar driver with pro330 for the bass with one difference that Cosmic Ears bass driver is vented). If pro330v2 would have Cosmic Ears bass and maybe a little bit more aggresive presentation then they would be ideal for me.

Feb 15, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #625 of 4,065
  Hi Guys,

Best regards from Spain

If you're looking for an upgrade to your ER4p it could be interesting to see in the direction of the pro100, pro210 or pro330. The attack is certainly slower but it's much more realistic and less aggressive than the ER4p which are very accurate and absolutely not relaxed ^^ bass on pro330 is obviously thicker and more organic as the Ety lack of bass. Moreover the Ety don't know what the soundstage is, it's an old unique balanced armature, Piotr can tune clearly better its mono-BA as the Music One and the Pro100 have bass and soundstage ;-/

Are you speaking about your ears ? I'm sorry about that

Feb 15, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #627 of 4,065
  Are you speaking about your ears ? I'm sorry about that

Tom, how could they be too small for 2 drivers? Or it is the canals that cannot fit a double bore?

No, it's more about the fact that the tubing is quite short, so the drivers are placed very far forward, where there is less real estate. Also, silicone needs a thicker surround for drivers than acrylic, which can be secured against very thin walls. My ears would have no problem with the same design in acrylic.

Also, Peter didn't say it was impossible, just that he wasn't sure if it could fit. I think it can, or at least I hope it can. He looked at my old impressions, though, which were already shaved down, so maybe it's a different story with fresh, unprocessed impressions.

Feb 15, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #628 of 4,065
With 2 drivers I think it should be okay. Piotr is a very talented man, I am sure he can find his way. As you said with the fresh impressions and all, I doubt that things would go down.

Feb 15, 2014 at 7:32 AM Post #629 of 4,065
yep i think so too. Just take care of choosing the best audiologist you can find. One who uses a silicone pistol....and not a seringue.....so they get to the very deep they can get....

Feb 15, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #630 of 4,065
  ....and not a seringue syringe ....

wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back