New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Dec 14, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #1,876 of 4,065
Hey guys! First time posting 
smile_phones.gif

I was about to jump on EarWerkz's Supra Kickstarter but then luckily found out CustomArt. Piotr's genuine interest towards his customers/fans really won me over big time, this is how you run a business! Glad I don't have to order outside of EU. I'm trying to get impressions asap for a MusicOne (starting small, my first ciems!). I have a question regarding the aesthetic customization of the ciems: will I be shown a list of all the current faceplate possibilities after I've submitted my order? And is it possible to send a picture to Piotr for a desired State of Art design? 

Huge thanks to everyone in this thread for sharing your positive experiences. 

Dec 15, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #1,878 of 4,065
smile_phones.gif

I was about to jump on EarWerkz's Supra Kickstarter but then luckily found out CustomArt. Piotr's genuine interest towards his customers/fans really won me over big time, this is how you run a business! Glad I don't have to order outside of EU. I'm trying to get impressions asap for a MusicOne (starting small, my first ciems!). I have a question regarding the aesthetic customization of the ciems: will I be shown a list of all the current faceplate possibilities after I've submitted my order? And is it possible to send a picture to Piotr for a desired State of Art design? 

You can get an idea of what's available on the site itself.  Not sure if the wooden faceplates are on there yet but if not have a scroll down the custom art facebook page.  As for impressions on music one then have a look through the customart us tour thread and this thread as well.  Amberozl pasted a detailed review on the site as well.  Looking forward to getting my musicone in before Christmas.

Dec 15, 2014 at 3:45 AM Post #1,879 of 4,065
smile_phones.gif

Just shoot Peter a PM, he's a great guy to deal with. He will be able to discuss the artwork with you and give you more info on it. He was and still is very patient with me (I having difficulty making decisions especially when it comes to designs!). Thanks Peter! 
smile_phones.gif

Dec 16, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #1,889 of 4,065
  I ordered the Music Ones, coming from the Ultimate Ear 900. Looking forward to the custom fit.

I think it is a good decision. From memory, UE900 has a bit muddy presentation on vocals, especially on higher volume levels.

Music One would be better than W4 or PFE232 in my opinion. Happy listening 
popcorn.gif

Unfortunately there are a lot of things going on at my work so I don't have much time to listen to them in no hurry, but I hope that tommorrow will be better.

Coming from 5ways my brain definitely has to adjust to their signature.

Yes indeed. Your brain needs to be burned-in. SE5 and H8P are in the same league, but different position-signature :) 

By the way, I hope H8P and Dx100 would be a good pair. Please share your impressions about this pairing, it would be interesting. 

Dec 16, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #1,890 of 4,065

I think it is a good decision. From memory, UE900 has a bit muddy presentation on vocals, especially on higher volume levels.

Music One would be better than W4 or PFE232 in my opinion. Happy listening 
popcorn.gif

Yes indeed. Your brain needs to be burned-in. SE5 and H8P are in the same league, but different position-signature :) 

By the way, I hope H8P and Dx100 would be a good pair. Please share your impressions about this pairing, it would be interesting

Of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back