New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Oct 4, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #1,621 of 4,065

Check this http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2011/07/schiit-lyr-headphone-amplifier/
and http://www.head-fi.org/t/549508/schiit-lyr-the-tube-rolling-thread

I use Phillips JAN6922 with my amp and I agree with the statement from the Lyr review "The JAN-Phillips 6922 are pure midrange seduction" this tube is like the lushest of lush.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMPEREX-USA-E88CC-JAN-6922-TIGHT-MATCH-PAIR-GOLD-PIN-VINTAGE-1967-TEST-NOS-/231345797672?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item35dd48ba28

does these have the same mids? :p 

Oct 5, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #1,622 of 4,065
Oct 5, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #1,624 of 4,065
I am going to try my h8p on a hybrid tube amp. My first choice is EF5 or EF2 from Hifiman. I hope I can get one of them soon. I think it will be an interesting experience.

Stay rich my friend, stay rich
wink.gif

Oct 5, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #1,625 of 4,065
people i won't blame you for falling in love with Peter's CIEMs, the way he make the Treble is EPIC he know how to make it extend and excite you without getting harsh, he know how to make the bass sound fun without getting boomy

and both of the Treble/Bass won't get mixed with the mids, nor each other, the separation is by most the best i heard from any other CIEM, 

the bass is the best quality i heard too, super textured you will feel like you can describe the bass notes exactly!!! it made my jaw drops many times, and in the same time the mids are the right amount (unless you like the mids the SE535 way) and warm/sweet in the same time.

the point is, he know how to tune , and he tune it right!! like seriously /respect Peter you are super skilled ^^

right now i am even working on my Mentor CIEM to make it sound with clear bass, same separation, its really far away, bass/treble/separation wise, i like the Mentor for its mids, its like the SE535 kind of mids :p

going to alter many cables and expinsive cables too, and many amps but i am sure getting near Peter's kind of CIEM is really hard if not impossible O-o'' sure it did set the bar higher than ever for me XD

i switch between both CIEMs but peter's CIEM level make me want to tweak the mentor a lot just so i don't miss the Treble/Bass quality from there, even how super clean it is.

Thanks again Peter ^^  you make CIEMs sound better than TH900 and easily too :3

PS: sorry about the long post people, just wanted to share my opinion :p

Oct 6, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #1,629 of 4,065
Anzu's Final Review:

Project info:
hmm the project been done like while ago,started around 8 months ago, it was V1 1st then V2, and were the 2800 mid driver been replaced with another one, and got updated from 8 drivers to 10 drivers,5 way electrically and 7-way acoustically.

Sound:
fun bass/treble, the treble extend like the 1plus2 but never on the harsh side, the bass is punchy and fun but never boomy nor LQ, 

both treble and bass is so clean and very very well textured i was able to tell each bass note perfectly were no CIEM ever were able to do that , even coming from the Mentor i was like holy **** this make the mentor so unclean / clear bass/treble wise

the bass and treble can beat the TH900 hands down, yes hands down bro, and the mids is sweet lush and creamy, nice female vocal, its not behind nor forwards mids, 

TH900 was the best thing i had for fun sound sig, i sold it twice due getting the Mentor 1st then the Anzu, the Anzu made me forget about the TH900 forever, on all the aspects too, the CIEM world changed the last year, its thew new era people ^^

What am i working on right now?
trying to make the Mentor sound with a very clean bass/treble like the Anzu and as fun, going to test different amps and cables, its even my 2nd Mentor CIEM with extra Treble as asked from Stephen, why the Mentor? i like the SE535 kind of mids, its not the best quality but the quantity rocks for J-pop's Female Vocals, its a matter of preferance.

Am i going to sell the Anzu?
the Anzu is limited and not for production still i don't know i love it but since many people want the Anzu i will give it a 2nd though ,
but thats just in case i were able to make the Mentor able to make me forget the epic Anzu.. going to be hard and long testing, money throwing but i hope i make it work :p 

ah peter your awesome tuning are giving me a hard time switching to different CIEMs!!! LOL!!! 

when i switch to the Mentor the mids are there and nice but man the fun is almost gone due the huge difference in Treble/Bass not quantity wise but quality wise, made me go search for many cables and search for new amps just to make it good, still will take time.

current setup: Portaphile 627 + X-Sabre and Silver Widow Cable, i will test it with other cables later too :p

Oct 6, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #1,630 of 4,065
Hi again gang,

Just a quick word to point out again the excellent customer experience provided by Piotr. Asked a question about one of my monitors re a potential problem, got an answer in less than 20 minutes, and after 4 email exchanges, we have settled the way to fix the issue.

Just amazing service.

Thank you again Piotr.

Oct 6, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #1,632 of 4,065
  Anzu's Final Review:

Project info:
hmm the project been done like while ago,started around 8 months ago, it was V1 1st then V2, and were the 2800 mid driver been replaced with another one, and got updated from 8 drivers to 10 drivers,5 way electrically and 7-way acoustically.

Sound:
fun bass/treble, the treble extend like the 1plus2 but never on the harsh side, the bass is punchy and fun but never boomy nor LQ, 

both treble and bass is so clean and very very well textured i was able to tell each bass note perfectly were no CIEM ever were able to do that , even coming from the Mentor i was like holy **** this make the mentor so unclean / clear bass/treble wise

the bass and treble can beat the TH900 hands down, yes hands down bro, and the mids is sweet lush and creamy, nice female vocal, its not behind nor forwards mids, 

TH900 was the best thing i had for fun sound sig, i sold it twice due getting the Mentor 1st then the Anzu, the Anzu made me forget about the TH900 forever, on all the aspects too, the CIEM world changed the last year, its thew new era people ^^

What am i working on right now?
trying to make the Mentor sound with a very clean bass/treble like the Anzu and as fun, going to test different amps and cables, its even my 2nd Mentor CIEM with extra Treble as asked from Stephen, why the Mentor? i like the SE535 kind of mids, its not the best quality but the quantity rocks for J-pop's Female Vocals, its a matter of preferance.

Am i going to sell the Anzu?
the Anzu is limited and not for production still i don't know i love it but since many people want the Anzu i will give it a 2nd though ,
but thats just in case i were able to make the Mentor able to make me forget the epic Anzu.. going to be hard and long testing, money throwing but i hope i make it work :p 

ah peter your awesome tuning are giving me a hard time switching to different CIEMs!!! LOL!!! 

when i switch to the Mentor the mids are there and nice but man the fun is almost gone due the huge difference in Treble/Bass not quantity wise but quality wise, made me go search for many cables and search for new amps just to make it good, still will take time.

current setup: Portaphile 627 + X-Sabre and Silver Widow Cable, i will test it with other cables later too :p

sounds like a real fun custom monitor you have there.

Hi again gang,

Just a quick word to point out again the excellent customer experience provided by Piotr. Asked a question about one of my monitors re a potential problem, got an answer in less than 20 minutes, and after 4 email exchanges, we have settled the way to fix the issue.

Just amazing service.

Thank you again Piotr.

As you said MrButchi, Peter is an awesome person. So responsive and helpful customer service there is..

i totally agree with that. his customer service is so good that its making me approach him whenever i have some issues (even if its non sales related) and i feel so sorry about that. now i'm patiently waiting for my new custom while listening using my music two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back