NEW CORDA HEADFIVE: A New Amp to Celebrate Head-Fi's Fifth Anniversary!
Oct 24, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #661 of 805
Just checking in on this thread , I have had the headfive since it's release (june 23 actually). Want to mention to you gents who have recently taken delivery to make sure to let it burn in well , really makes a lot of difference. For me it seemed at first listen the amp did not have the "warmth" others describe then it did after some time but a bit flabby with bass. After more time everything seemed to balance out wonderfully. I don't see the Headfive as a "warm" amp just a very full sound. Love the build quality and design the sound for the money is not to be believed. I see not many are left , I know this one is a keeper for me , not planning on selling.

Oct 24, 2006 at 7:08 AM Post #662 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy
I hate to mention it, because you already have the amp......but if you had ordered Meier Audio cables at the same time, it would have been a very good deal (he reduces their price to $115 when purchased with amp). They are of exceptional quality for the money.......you hardly know they're in the line. A friend has them and told me about them. I bought them with an HA-2 and couldn't be happier. I don't know why, but they seem to overlooked here. Maybe people just want to spend more money.
smily_headphones1.gif

Or if you are into DIY cabling, you can make identical cables for half the price
wink.gif
With the assumption that you can get the same Belden 8412 cable and Neutrik ProFi connectors without having to order them from across the globe.

That being said, I think that the price for Meier Audio interconnects is more than fair. Making cables like that takes some time and naturally they have to make some profit out of them.

Oct 27, 2006 at 5:47 PM Post #666 of 805
Has anyone tried this amp with Sennheiser HD 280 or Beyerdynamic DT-250?

I need to use closed phones when doing most of my listening so it would be interesting to hear how closed phones work with this amp.

Oct 27, 2006 at 7:32 PM Post #667 of 805
Come on buy some amps everyone!
biggrin.gif
I know you'll regret that you didn't when they become out of stock. (and you have to pay much more for it) ^^

Oct 30, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #668 of 805
Sorry if it's to much to ask for but how would you price this amp if you sold it from your website as you normally do, Jan?

I have heard so much good things about this amp and I'm excited when I get mine home
tongue.gif

Oct 30, 2006 at 2:30 AM Post #669 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by JJN
Sorry if it's to much to ask for but how would you price this amp if you sold it from your website as you normally do, Jan?

I have heard so much good things about this amp and I'm excited when I get mine home
tongue.gif

Well, the Headfive is based on the Meier Corda HA-1 MkII which sold for $440 when it was new. So I'd base that as a benchmark for what you're wondering.

Oct 30, 2006 at 5:02 AM Post #670 of 805
I just ordered one! I posted my email around 1 am Germany time and Dr Meier responded shortly after! Jan, do you sleep at all
tongue.gif
?

Many thanks for your advice and individual attention!

Cheers,
cansman

Oct 30, 2006 at 9:53 AM Post #671 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmirza
Well, the Headfive is based on the Meier Corda HA-1 MkII which sold for $440 when it was new. So I'd base that as a benchmark for what you're wondering.

Todd has one for sale atm. $450.
http://www.ttvj.com/index.php?main_p...roducts_id=178

Edit: Yay, my 200th post
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 30, 2006 at 12:59 PM Post #672 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmirza

Ok thank you for the answer. Seems like a pretty good deal.

Oct 31, 2006 at 12:25 PM Post #674 of 805
SickMouthy--whence deriveth thy name(?),
The HeadFive will not disappoint. It's a great bargain as-is, and promises to command a decent resale value due to its limited production. So, when and where will be the first HeadFivers reunion?
wink.gif

Pataburd

Oct 31, 2006 at 1:19 PM Post #675 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by pataburd
SickMouthy--whence deriveth thy name(?),
The HeadFive will not disappoint. It's a great bargain as-is, and promises to command a decent resale value due to its limited production. So, when and where will be the first HeadFivers reunion?
wink.gif

Pataburd

SickMouthy is a corruption of my real name - Nick Southall, nothing more exciting. Although I do like a bloomin' good swear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back