New Co. offering Custom P.M's and I.E.M's
Dec 27, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #93 of 195
Way to take one for the team. Thanks
biggrin.gif

Dec 27, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #97 of 195
Yeah, the whole testimonials page is very Freq'in awkward and would make me leary of taking a risk if I were in the market for IEMs. But if they are legit and happen to sound good, Ultimate Ears is in for some major trouble as they will have to cut their costs DRAMATICALLY to stay in the competition.

Oh, Derek, are the IEMs (or at least their internals) made in the U.S.A., China, or elsewhere?

Dec 27, 2007 at 3:54 AM Post #98 of 195
I don't see a problem with the Freq website - including the testimonials. It tells me the owners of that site are having fun - and in my experience that means they are more likely to be passionate about their products. Come on - the guy (Todd Boring) probably has to deal with grouchy senior citizens all day at Astrum Hearing - he should be able to have a little fun with a second business!

Dec 27, 2007 at 4:09 AM Post #99 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is to celebrate my "official" 4 years of being on headfi
wink.gif

Dec 27, 2007 at 10:44 AM Post #100 of 195
I cant wait to read some reviews on this IEM`s...

Dec 27, 2007 at 1:44 PM Post #101 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is to celebrate my "official" 4 years of being on headfi
wink.gif

what time do you expect for delivery? did you sent your ear impressions?

Dec 27, 2007 at 3:30 PM Post #103 of 195
^^^So we have another Member of the Trade here? You could ask Jude to give you the official identity stamp (title)... It will help your co. on building up reputation.

If any thing Head-fi'ers are good at, it will be the art of "dragging other non Head-fi'ers to the Headphones' Temptation Island and make sure their wallets are trapped FOREVER"
biggrin.gif

Dec 27, 2007 at 3:41 PM Post #104 of 195
I called them yesterday to place my order. I'm also ordering the Super FreQs
smily_headphones1.gif

I think I spoke to the poster above this post, Derek
smily_headphones1.gif
. We talked for at least 30 minutes. I emailed him the link to this thread, and he was reading it. He seemed happy to learn about this community. He said he had another call from someone that same morning, and he thinks it was someone from head-fi
biggrin.gif

The ceo is out until Monday, so he took all my information, and I guess I'll "officially" place my order then. In regards to turn around time, he told me 3 to 4 days. So my estimate is within 2 weeks, including all the shipping back and forth (impression amterials to me, the impressions back them, then the headphones to me), I should have my new phones.

I asked him a little about the company and the product. He confirmed their background was the hearing aid business, but that they have been working on this project for awhile now, and the product is finally ready to sell. He has a pair of the Super FreQs himself, and says they sound amazing. He works for this company during the day, but he is a professional DJ at night. Initially they made FreQs for friends and family, and now they are starting to target the musician/DJ market. I think he may have been a little surprised to hear that some of us might want them just to have great sounding headphones!
wink.gif

I also asked about detachable cables (FreQs do NOT have them), and he said that they could probably do that and he will get me a price for that customization. I pointed him to the livewires site for an example of a good solution. I also wanted him to be aware of his most direct competition. He knew a little about UE and some others, but when I told him what some of the others cost, I think he was getting new info.

I also asked about having an audiologist make my impressions, and he didn't think there was any reason to. He explained what I need to do when I get my kit, and it sounds pretty basic. I might still go to one though hehe. They have been closed here in Flagstaff, AZ for the holiday, but they will be opening this morning. I also asked about fit problems, and his response was that they would "absolutely" work with me to make sure they are right.

fyi, I plan to purchase the damage insurance plan for $10 extra. Mostly because I'm worried about the non-removable cable. I sent him the link to the Livewires California Dreamin' thread and told him there is a link in there to the vendor that supplies them with the cables (at least I think that's where I saw it). Who knows, maybe I'll get a deal on a pair when they start working on that.

Since Derek Freq is from the company, perhaps he will answer any other questions people have.

Dec 27, 2007 at 3:45 PM Post #105 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by Territhemayor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The testimonials are all jokes, just wanted to say that
Custom Fit Earbuds - The FreQ - Testimonials

Freqs wont let you get fat, eh?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
derek: what is with the random testimonials?

Guys, think about it... This is a new product. How can they have "real" testimonials yet. In the meantime they want to build the website with room for them, so they made some up. I actually like these (likely) temporary ones. They are pretty funny
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back