New CEntrance DACportable dac-amp
Mar 6, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #16 of 101
What are your thoughts on the power output compared to the m8? I emailed Michael and he gave me a vague answer that said "power should not be a problem since it's the same amp as the m8". But power does matter. Or is it so close that it's a non issue?

I originally posted this on the Skyn thread before this dedicated thread was created...

The HiFi-M8 should have more power, although Centrance was never specific (as far as I remember) about the exact specs (website says up to 1.4W, 1W typical) but don't know what impedance load that's into... The Skyn does 300mw per channel into 32ohms. The DACPortable does 387.5mw per channel into 32ohms (specs on IGG page says 775mw Total). 

So assuming the M8 was 1W total into 32ohms (500mw per channel), then the DACPortable is a bit less than the M8. Can't speak definitively, but probably good enough for most headphones, especially for what this is designed for (ie. a portable, on-the-go DAC / Amp), and even more so if you have the newer easier-to-drive planar generation headphones.

Mar 7, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #17 of 101
So I'm assuming that we need one of these to use with an iPhone?

MD820

Mar 7, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #18 of 101
  So I'm assuming that we need one of these to use with an iPhone?

You will need a CCK, today.

Upon approval from Apple, you will be able to use your iDevice without CCK. CEntrance will let you know how, once approval is received from Apple.

The key point here is unlike previous products, you can have your CEntrance device now. It will not be held up by Apple approval. And once Apple gives their approval, you will be able to bypass the CCK, with instruction from CEntrance.

Mar 8, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #19 of 101
You will need a CCK, today.

Upon approval from Apple, you will be able to use your iDevice without CCK. CEntrance will let you know how, once approval is received from Apple.

The key point here is unlike previous products, you can have your CEntrance device now. It will not be held up by Apple approval. And once Apple gives their approval, you will be able to bypass the CCK, with instruction from CEntrance.

Thank you - much appreciated! Seems like a great replacement for the M8.

Mar 27, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #20 of 101
Is that what happened to the M8?

They had to delay shipment for months because it was designed to be used without the Apple CCK?

In contrast, this DacPortable is designed to be used WITH the CCK?

Mar 29, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #21 of 101
No.  The Apple licensing is the limiting factor.  I understand that once the DACportable is licensed for lightning port digital audio signal input from iOS, a software update will activate this capability, and the CCK adapter connector will be no longer necessary.

The M8 had different product versions for digital input port:  SPDIF or Apple. 

Aug 8, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #23 of 101

ipod touch 6G (above)

ipod touch 5G

Full unboxing pics here:  http://headpie.blogspot.jp/2016/08/centrance-dac-portable-unboxing.html

enjoy

Aug 8, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #24 of 101
Will this work on Adroid phones?

Aug 8, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #26 of 101
Yes

http://www.centrance.com/products/dacportable/
Thanks, so I can use an music app with it ? Also how does it compare sound wise to the mojo ?

Aug 13, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #27 of 101
I'm enjoying the DACportable alot with my Audeze Sines. Battery life is about 8 hours as advertised. Sonically it's very musical and nuanced enough and I really like the EQ'ing! This thing pushes the Sines and even my EL-8s to comfortably louder levels. It's pretty cool how they can get something so small to do something really great.

Aug 15, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #30 of 101
Thanks, so I can use an music app with it ? Also how does it compare sound wise to the mojo ?

yes, you can use a music app with it.

Sorry, i dont have the mojo.

Can you hear noise with the Andros?

No, I couldnt here any noise. seemed a fairly black background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back