Thanks 

Feb 7, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #617 of 789
Gents, in case anyone doesn't know about this:

Announcement...

Cavalli Audio is extending to our meet the following (Meet Only) Specials:
  1. 40% off of the Liquid Gold! - $6450 will be down to $3950
  2. 25% off of the Liquid Glass! - $3950 will be down to $2950

Details: 
  • Come to the meet, fill out a form with your name, email address, phone number, & amp you want.
  • Pay for amp within 7 days (valid until midnight the following Sunday, 2/23/2014). 
  • Amps will ship within 4 weeks of the meet.

Watch Jude's video review of the Liquid Gold here.

Liquid Gold:

Liquid Glass:

Feb 25, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #619 of 789

Hello folks. There were many emails asking about this special, many from individuals who could not attend the meet.

As a result, we are going to continue this special, starting today, for the remaining units in the current Liquid Glass and Liquid Gold Spring production runs or June 15, whichever comes first.

After all of the emails that I received from so many of you I felt that I wanted to do something more for this community that has done so much for me, as best I possibly can.

New prices are:

Liquid Glass - $2950
Liquid Gold - $3950

Also, for those who have interest in Liquid Glass, we probably won't schedule another production run for a while. Liquid Glass is a complicated amp to build and a specialty item for those who really want to roll lots of tubes. It also happens to be a great sounding amp!! if you are interested in Liquid Glass, now might be a good time to grab one.
smile.gif

Mar 28, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #624 of 789
The Liquid Glass cannot use either of those tubes, they are power pentodes and not dual triodes. There are however more than enough options to try various tubes. and if you want to extend the number of possible tubes, a simple loctal adapter opens up a slew of others to try. 

..dB

Apr 25, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #625 of 789
On behalf of a friend who just ordered a Liquid Glass, I would appreciate any recommendations regarding which tubes sounds best, considering he is going to use a pair of HD800 with the amp.

He primarily listen to rock/pop. He likes a full bodied sound, with a detailed bass, an organic mid-range, and a smooth and liquid treble.

Apr 26, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #626 of 789
6sn7 or 12sn7 variant (make sure to set heater/plate voltages accordingly) of Tung Sol round tubes or Sylvania Bad Boys (real bad boys, ones from late 51 to early 53 I think if I remember correctly with the triple hole in post).  If you'r on a budget, hytron 12sn7's are very good for the $$.  If he really loves bass and full body (at some sacrafice of treble/higher frequencies), look into Ken-Rad dark glass military tubes VT-231/6sn7.  Happy tube rolling!

Jun 7, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #627 of 789
The Sylvania 6SN7s totally get my vote! 
smile.gif

Jun 8, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #628 of 789
And repost it one more time here.

I was in downtown Austin the other day, near the Capitol. This part of Austin is mixed residential and small office. Most of the offices are homes converted into small offices. Parking is in the old driveways or cleared off lots. Spaces are almost always assigned so that everyone has a guaranteed spot. Parking stops are painted with names. Places like this are all over the country.

As I walked through one of these little lots, one that I've been through many times, there was a new tenant. And here's what was on the concrete parking barrier:

Honest......

Jun 8, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #630 of 789

Users who are viewing this thread

Back