New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release
Mar 26, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #511 of 789
Not sure which would yield the best results. On a more serious note, I've only ever used octal tubes in the LG, but once it returns from the shop I'll stick a pair of novals and see what gives. It just looks so much better though with octals, more balanced as it were.

Quote:
 Great idea buddy!  Should I set it to simmer?  Or am I trying to boil here?

Mar 26, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #512 of 789
So I finally received my HD800. I've quickly rolled through Amperex 8416's, Kenrad 12SN7's, and the RCA coin base 6SN7's. Nothing has changed my mind as of yet, but I'm definitely going to spurns some more time with the 8416's to be sure.

Regardless, this may not be the end game forever, but it will certainly stick around for a long while. Any upgrades for a while will be to the source or other components that can benefit my speaker rig.

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #518 of 789
Quote:
Anyone tried a liquid glass with Audeze Lcd-3 yet? I am wondering is it a better match than RSA Dark Star or Eddie Current BA?
Thanks,

Well, the LCD-3 isn't really one of my favorite, but I do think the LG is a very good match.  I think that it can be a better match than the Dark Star with the right tubes (I like it with the Amperex 8416's).  From what I remember of the Dark Star, the LG can also sound worse with the LCD-3 (using my Kenrad 12SN7's, it's a little loose with rolled off highs - not the best match for the LCD-3).  I have not heard the ECBA, but I'd imagine it would be very good.

Apr 9, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #519 of 789
Never spent time with the DS and the LCD3 so I cannot really comment on this. I love my LCD3 and listen almost exclusively to them with the LG - they make a great combination. The ECBA is a great amp too but it does not really have the drive for the planar magnetics. I have spent some time listening to the ECBA and it is fine at low volumes which is where I tend to listen , it does not have the raw power of the LG

..dB

Apr 9, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #520 of 789
Quote:
Never spent time with the DS and the LCD3 so I cannot really comment on this. I love my LCD3 and listen almost exclusively to them with the LG - they make a great combination. The ECBA is a great amp too but it does not really have the drive for the planar magnetics. I have spent some time listening to the ECBA and it is fine at low volumes which is where I tend to listen , it does not have the raw power of the LG

..dB

The LG no power issue with the LCD3 at all right? I'm worried about it. Which tubes are you using with The LG and LCD3?

Apr 9, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #521 of 789
The LG no power issue with the LCD3 at all right? I'm worried about it. Which tubes are you using with The LG and LCD3?

Power issues with the LCD-3? The LG is one of the few headphone amps strong enough to handle the HE-6. I haven't found that the LCD-3 is that tough past a certain point, and the LG is way beyond that point.

Apr 9, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #523 of 789
maybe he prefers an ss amp along with the lcd3? But the LG been a hybrid it has all the pluses of and ss amp like speed and slam which most ss amp are associated. Its also as tuby as you want it to be, depending on the tubes used. Best of both words in my opinion. Only thing this amp can't drive is speakers anything else is candy to it.

Apr 9, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #524 of 789
Anyone tried a liquid glass with Audeze Lcd-3 yet? I am wondering is it a better match than RSA Dark Star or Eddie Current BA?
Thanks,

Can't comment on the other amps, but my LCD-3's sound great with the LG. I've only just started rolling tubes with the amp - so far the Sylvania JAN-CHS Black Plates are very good with the LCD-3.

Apr 10, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #525 of 789
Just ordered the LG. I am wondering about the input at the back of the amp, (P,L,#1,#2)
(L,#1 come with Loop out)
What does the loop out means? Which input do you guys usually use with this amp? (L,#1,#2) any different?
Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back