New!! Cavalli Audio Liquid Crimson Amp
Oct 26, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #31 of 207
  Say, gents, if anyone wants to hear a Liquid Crimson, one of our units should be traveling with Mr. Speakers. If Dan is at your event, then the LC is likely to be there too. Stop by and have a look and listen.
smile.gif

and the Liquid Crimson and Alpha Prime sound TERRIFIC together!!

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #32 of 207
I enjoyed Alex new amp in Denver The Crimson is simple but not simple sounding. The amp I predict will be a major success and the first run will sell out quickly. It can handle all your headphones and sounded excellent. Everyone who heard it in Denver including the Evangelist Michael Mercer has similar eargasms with it. Terrific job Alex and another spectacular product. .

Oct 26, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #33 of 207
  I enjoyed Alex new amp in Denver The Crimson is simple but not simple sounding. The amp I predict will be a major success and the first run will sell out quickly. It can handle all your headphones and sounded excellent. Everyone who heard it in Denver including the Evangelist Michael Mercer has similar eargasms with it. Terrific job Alex and another spectacular product. .

I'll second that. It was a wonderful amp and it worked with everything I could throw at it. 

Oct 27, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #36 of 207
Gents!

The time is nigh. Cavalli Audio is offering the Liquid Crimson starting tonight, Monday the 27th, beginning at 10PM CST.  A special offer for the first to sign up will be announced tonight at 10pm, along with all the rest of the little details. The announcement will go up on Cavalli Audio's Facebook page first, and then here in this thread as soon as possible. So for the fastest info, Facebook is where to look!

Cavalli Audio Facebook

Oct 27, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #37 of 207
  Gents!

The time is nigh. Cavalli Audio is offering the Liquid Crimson starting tonight, Monday the 27th, beginning at 10PM CST.  A special offer for the first to sign up will be announced tonight at 10pm, along with all the rest of the little details. The announcement will go up on Cavalli Audio's Facebook page first, and then here in this thread as soon as possible. So for the fastest info, Facebook is where to look!

Cavalli Audio Facebook

WOW:

If I didn't already own the LAu I'd be IN!
I may actually sell one of my other reference amps to keep this thing here!!
Alexandra (the wifey) really enjoys it too!

Just had a terrific listening sesh w/ my Alpha Prime + Double Helix Cables Molecule Extreme (Amarra/McIntosh D100 DAC as source)

The Crimson is not merely a little brother to the LAu sonically - as I previously thought. When I first heard it in @@@@@@ hotel room, and then mine, before Canjam at RMAF kicked off - I really loved it because it presented itself as having some of the same great sonic attributes as the LAu (amazing staging/spacial placement, colorful and excitable timbre, dynamics galore and dimensionality far beyond its 2K price-tag) but its in a smaller, slicker box. Plus the LAu is a differential solid-state amp - this is a hybrid.

But I'm really having a BLAST with the Liquid Crimson - and, thus far, I can't think of ANY headphone amp right now in the 2K range that's even CLOSE to the Crimson, for me, with regard to its addictive, and YES: Liquid-like midrange and open top. And the bass, well, its unexpected to say the least with the right cans and cables. It's all about system synergy! And so far the Crimsons been kickin' serious ASS w/ all my Audeze cans, the Prime, my HD800s, and Grado 325is thus far. 

Back to listening!! 
o2smile.gif

Oct 27, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #39 of 207
  Michael making me want to get on a plane and head west to hear it in his setup.

o2smile.gif

You're ALWAYS welcome brother!!
You know that.

Seriously, my wifey's NOT happy right now - I've been attached to this thing.

The Primes have such a terrific harmonic synergy with the Crimson Frank,
it's just AWESOME.

Oct 27, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #42 of 207
  Loved the Crimson and the Inspire by Dennis Had at Can Jam.
Tough choices!

yes the Had amp was lovely too.

I think the Liquid Crimson, that Had amp, and the Woo Audio WA8 prototype were my favorite listening sessions - amp-wise this year.

I'm rockin the Crimson right now and it's just glorious
- think I'll post up a Head-Fi review as well as my review for Headphone.Guru (hopefully have time soon) it handles everything from underground tech-house
to blues with style and grace 
biggrin.gif

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #43 of 207
The only two out there now are the one that Michael has and the one traveling with Mr. Speakers. I don't know if Dan is traveling to Toronto, but if he is, then I suspect it will there.

Surprisingly, despite the small slim design, the amp went over very well with those ladies who were at RMAF.
smile.gif

Oct 27, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #44 of 207
The only two out there now are the one that Michael has and the one traveling with Mr. Speakers. I don't know if Dan is traveling to Toronto, but if he is, then I suspect it will there.

Don't see him listed. Ah well.

Surprisingly, despite the small slim design, the amp went over very well with those ladies who were at RMAF. :smile:

Yeah? Hmmm. Maybe I can start laying off the Enzyte now. :wink:

Good luck, Alex!

se

Oct 27, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #45 of 207

Surprisingly, despite the small slim design, the amp went over very well with those ladies who were at RMAF.
smile.gif

it also got the aestetic thumbs up from my wifey!! A rarity in hifi. 
The look of the heat-sinks coming through the faceplate is a very nice touch Alex!
Sometimes it's the little things...

and, surely, if I didn't own your LAu I'd be conspiring right now on what to sell in order to buy it!

I'm really enjoying it w/ my Sennheiser HD800s now as well (wired w/ Double Helix Cables Molecule Elite):
Smooth as silk like before, with the additional spaciousness that the HD800s give me. Plus this amp w/ the HD800s produces this extended bass that I rarely hear from these cans!
Fantastic synergy for sure!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back