NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
May 26, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #3,256 of 3,483
So I did go out today for the Polaris II.
Came home with the Atlas 😎

20200522-01.jpeg
I highly recommend using JVC Spiral Dots with the Atlas - allows the highs to come through cleaner.

May 31, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #3,259 of 3,483
Okay okay, are there any European resellers? Can't find much about it on google
Doesn't seem to be anymore :frowning2: Penon will or did at least let you choose 3 different sizes in one order which could help determine size.

Jun 1, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #3,260 of 3,483
I finally put my hand.. Better: I put in my ear a pair of atlas!
Sound spectacular! Bombastic!
I mostly listen to them through my old trusted hisound studio 3rd anniversary. Not bad. I noticed they scale up pretty well from the hugo
I think to go for an astell sr25 or15 in the next coming months.. We ll see
At the moment I m very satisfied
Thanks

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #3,261 of 3,483
I just wanted to say i've owned both the comet and atlas, I much prefer the comet! the atlas needs breathing room in its signature. everything sounds squished & wooly. If it could 'expand' I bet it would be a killer sound.

Jun 13, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #3,262 of 3,483
Yeah Atlas is an exceptional player. Super engaging just needs plenty of time to season, if you listen and base your comments on that first listen you're going to be disappointed.

Jun 18, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #3,265 of 3,483
I hope so. That thing was awful, and $200 down the drain for me. Single BA drivers simply do not work. If you're going to attack the value end of the market and provide value then DD is what you need to run with.
Harsh.

Jun 19, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #3,268 of 3,483

Very much so, they're incredibly shouty, very congested, and with such a splashy treble it makes you wince.

What would you recommend for$200?

Honestly for $200 these days I'd go for anything Sony above $50. The $200 space is populated by two types of IEM producers. The lower end manufacturers that have put together a really good package for the money, or the higher end ones that are skimping down and selling on name, not quality.

Jun 23, 2020 at 1:46 AM Post #3,269 of 3,483
I hope so. That thing was awful, and $200 down the drain for me. Single BA drivers simply do not work. If you're going to attack the value end of the market and provide value then DD is what you need to run with.

That’s pretty harsh but I enjoyed my Comets while I had them. Wish it was designed as over ears default instead of wearing it downwards.

Also single BAs work fine. Etymotic and Orions (which I liked) are definitely a bit pricy compared to their Chi-FI counterparts but sounded extremely coherent. But you can get a lot for USD200 nowadays, haven’t kept track of the value tier market like Blon, etc.

Jun 24, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #3,270 of 3,483
I have both Comet and Atlas. WhenI first listened to Comet, I thought they sounded ‘nice’ but nothing special. And I too thought there’s $200.00 ’down the drain’ Harsh. I understand Comet is a single BA. I’ve read the BA’s require little to no burnIn I’m stubborn So I started listening to them again. First get rid of the foams. Spinfit CP145s made a remarkable improvement. I changed the cable to a 2.5 balanced cable. Again a change for the better. All good, the sound is better but these are now getting expensive. Finally after a month so they just woke up and sounded great. A lively sound with All frequency’s balanced across the board Including proper bass. When Alo audio Had their sale I picked up two of their ‘pure‘ silver balanced cables. I thought they might be too bright. Instead they are brilliantly smooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back