New, Burson Playmate 9038 DAC, 2Wpc HeadAmp, Preamp, Changeable opamps.
Mar 17, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #271 of 602
Here you go:
3.jpg
2.png

Yes, that's correct.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #274 of 602
Does anyone have a keen eye and the knowledge to tell me whether the Muses 8920s I bought are counterfeit? I bought them on Amazon through a company called Japamucho. Shipping was from Japan. It seemed legit at the time but now I'm wondering the more I read about counterfeit Muses. Please refer to the pictures I posted previously. I suppose maybe ignorance is bliss as they seem to sound great but at the same time if they are fake I guess I'd like to know.

Mar 19, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #275 of 602
Just Received PlayM8 now having issues with driver I think the driver is not responding at all cus my windows volume and playm8s volume don't work it's just fixed volume.. anyone knows how to fix it??

Edit: My PLAY M8s Volume work now but it’s loud enough at Volume 1 and gets louder if I increase at high Gain using Hd660s and Windows Volume has no effect even I’m not not playing any music with ASIO mode is it ok??

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #276 of 602
Just Received PlayM8 now having issues with driver I think the driver is not responding at all cus my windows volume and playm8s volume don't work it's just fixed volume.. anyone knows how to fix it??

Edit: My PLAY M8s Volume work now but it’s loud enough at Volume 1 and gets louder if I increase at high Gain using Hd660s and Windows Volume has no effect even I’m not not playing any music with ASIO mode is it ok??
That is really weird. You're saying at "1" on the digital display - you're getting enough volume to drive the HD660s and that windows volume doesn't change the volume at all? Which operating system are you using? You may not need the drivers. My playmate had the problem of being too quiet. I had to crank it up to 80 to power my AkG 712 pro. Burson fixed that by sending me a new PCB that I swapped in. Maybe there is something wrong with your Playmate. Trying turning it off and unplugging both the power and the usb and plugging those both in again and powering it back on. Next try resetting everything on the Playmate by going into the menu. Finally try a different usb port. If you're using windows 10 - I would not install the driver software.

Mar 20, 2019 at 1:04 AM Post #277 of 602
Does anyone have a keen eye and the knowledge to tell me whether the Muses 8920s I bought are counterfeit? I bought them on Amazon through a company called Japamucho.[...]
Hi there, not sure they started to fake MUSES 8920, although they can fake NE5532 if they really want to. :)
I can only speak about MUSES01/02 (very soft legs because of the copper, face/flag logo, plastic case different etc.), on the 8820/8920 it's very difficult to say something about. I think the chances to get original 8920 are pretty high, so you shouldn't worry about.

Mar 20, 2019 at 1:31 AM Post #278 of 602
Hi there, not sure they started to fake MUSES 8920, although they can fake NE5532 if they really want to. :)
I can only speak about MUSES01/02 (very soft legs because of the copper, face/flag logo, plastic case different etc.), on the 8820/8920 it's very difficult to say something about. I think the chances to get original 8920 are pretty high, so you shouldn't worry about.
Thank you.

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #279 of 602
That is really weird. You're saying at "1" on the digital display - you're getting enough volume to drive the HD660s and that windows volume doesn't change the volume at all? Which operating system are you using? You may not need the drivers. My playmate had the problem of being too quiet. I had to crank it up to 80 to power my AkG 712 pro. Burson fixed that by sending me a new PCB that I swapped in. Maybe there is something wrong with your Playmate. Trying turning it off and unplugging both the power and the usb and plugging those both in again and powering it back on. Next try resetting everything on the Playmate by going into the menu. Finally try a different usb port. If you're using windows 10 - I would not install the driver software.

Yes My Playm8 is loud enough at "1" but not when I play music on foobar in ASIO mode and my Windows volume don't work in normal use is this is a driver issue?

Edit: I just found that On Burson PLAY( not m8) the windows volume works even I am playing in ASIO mode I find it weird cus normally the windows volume shouldn't be working when playing in foobar. and on PLAYM8 windows volume just don't work.

Edit2: I can control the volume only for specific apps when playing music and Speakers and system sounds don't work for PLAYMATE but mr PLAY is the opposite it works just like a Dedicated PCIe SoundCard means I can control the Speakers volume but In ASIO mode on Play the foobar's volume don't work.

this is not really an issue but I still find it a bit weird :nerd:

Playm8.png

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2019 at 11:56 PM Post #280 of 602
6Moon-Burson-Swing-Award1.jpg

Hi Guys,

It's been over 8 years, but we are finally back on the 6moon's award board with the Swing receiving their prestigious Realization Award.

It took a lot of hard work, and we would not have done it without the incredible support from this Head-fi community. The Swing and the Playmate were built entirely per the long wish list you have sent to us. So thanks, guys! And keep those requests, suggestions and criticism coming.

Frederic Beudot - 6moons.

"The Aurender A10 (5000USD) streamer vs the Swing (with V6) at 699USD. One should expect differences but in a less revealing context, the Aurender would likely struggle to pull ahead."

"Swing was a stunning performer which in typical Burson tradition shall embarrass far pricier solutions like it embarrassed my SOtM DAC (sDP-1000EX, Battery powered, 3500USD DAC)... the Swing's digital volume control simply was more transparent and dynamic..."

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/burson2/

Last edited:
Burson Audio Stay updated on Burson Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BursonAudio https://twitter.com/bursonaudio http://www.bursonaudio.com/products/
Mar 30, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #281 of 602
I bought a Burson Playmate (Vivid opamps) recently and thought I'd toss in my general subjective impressions after a few days. My reference points are a desktop Schiit Jotunheim (regular DAC version) and a portable iBasso DX200 (stock amp module). Most of my listening thus far has been with my Fostex TH610s which have ZMF sheepskin universal ear pads and a ZMF pilot pad on them.

In short this is an excellent unit. I'm getting everything I love about the DX200 with the more authoritative power of a desktop amp and I haven't heard treble this detailed and non-fatiguing in ages (yes you still get all the bass). Claims about the sound stage and musical presentation by Burson are subjectively pretty accurate to my ear.

Absolutely zero background noise if no audio playing no matter what you do with that volume knob. This is also my first class-A headphone amplifier and when people say "they get hot" I'm not seeing it getting hotter than any other A/B amplifier I've used. Maybe it's a bigger issue in hotter climates.

Need to be critical about something so I don't simply gush praise. One thing to note is that it comes in high gain by default and the switch to low-gain is digital and buried within the menu. I found it after a while because I knew what to look for (and I guess most people who would buy this unit would already know about such things too) but I feel like it should have been more clear. Minor gripe though.

If I could only have one unit to drive my headphones this would be it. Oodles of power in high gain mode and excellent fine volume adjustment in low gain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back