New, Burson Playmate 9038 DAC, 2Wpc HeadAmp, Preamp, Changeable opamps.
Jan 5, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #61 of 602
From my understanding: "We are happy to inform you that the production of Playmate and Swing is on schedule and we are confident that everyone will receive their units before mid-January".

Now, with the new year parties and stuffs, maybe few days delay will exist for some continents, but it all depends on the carriers now. Let's wait and see.

Hi Raoultrifan,

Interesting things on the Burson site...Burson has dropped the price of the Play to $250 and only list the basic version (no remote).

I received an update email from Burson on my Playmate preorder. They have shipped the first batch of Noir Playmates and Swings. People should receive a confirmation and tracking email within 5-10 business days. Seems they are experiencing some supplier issues which sets back their shipping on the Everest version back to the 15th of Jan.
Hope this helps if any have not received the email yet.

Ren

Jan 5, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #62 of 602
Well, that probably makes PLAY the cheapest DAC/headamp (able to deliver crisp 2 x 2W w/ Class-A @ 32Ohms) combo from Earth . Seriously, at this price, totally worth every penny; this is not a 2 x TPA6120A2 headamp inside, but a 8 x TO-220 powerful transistors working in Class-A.

They are probably going to stop production for PLAY soon (if not done it already) and focus on the new arrivals. For those thinking of getting ODAC + O2 (or similar setups) I invite them to read dedicated PLAY thread and PLAY reviews as well...and for about the same money they'll get a powerful amp and a very detailed DAC.

I still have my V1.6 (LPSU-modded) and the newer V2.2 and don't intend to get rid of any of them. I know, I'm probably too attached of Hi-Fi gear, I know, but still PLAY sound so fast and powerful!

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #63 of 602
A bit odd to see Playmate (Everest) V6 to be $100 more.

As Vivid and Classic remains at the same price ($649).

Looks like up to $1000 this thing is the best choice so far?

I already have Burson's Opamp on my modded Asus STX and love the sound.

I'm looking for an external unit now.

Btw, in the manual it says "Font USB-C input" is actually FRONT USB-C input.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #70 of 602
I just got mine tonight, will post impressions later. So far, it's incredibly resolving. I'm very impressed.

It just showed up out of the blue, no tracking info.

I havent got my tracking number either, I preordered one of the silver Everest ones though. Happy people are starting to get them! Hope that means mine will show up soon.

Jan 16, 2019 at 1:55 AM Post #72 of 602
Not mocking ya, just been busy. Should have some picts up tomorrow for you.
Been testing all the functions to make sure they all work. Am using it also to preamp my main system so have that testing to do also.
Just a few early impressions...

The unit seems to arrived in pristine condition ( no dings, dents or damage in shipping).
The sound is amazing and this is the basic unit before burn in ( you were correct about the stock basic opamps they are very good but should be fun trying others).
Changing the settings is hunt and peck ( no guide) is a combination of the settings button and the volume knob.
Hope this helps...

Ren

Jan 16, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #74 of 602
Not mocking ya, just been busy. Should have some picts up tomorrow for you.
Been testing all the functions to make sure they all work. Am using it also to preamp my main system so have that testing to do also.
Just a few early impressions...

The unit seems to arrived in pristine condition ( no dings, dents or damage in shipping).
The sound is amazing and this is the basic unit before burn in ( you were correct about the stock basic opamps they are very good but should be fun trying others).
Changing the settings is hunt and peck ( no guide) is a combination of the settings button and the volume knob.
Hope this helps...

Ren
You can download the manual here: https://www.bursonaudio.com/downloads/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back