New Burson Conductor - V2 and V2+
Apr 11, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #933 of 1,276
well that's unfortunate timing as i wanted to post that i've owned the CV2+ for a month now and i'm very happy with it. its ease of use is in keeping with its unfussy design. i use it primarily as a dac/head-amp and have also been using its dac out for comparative purposes. it's worked without a hitch and that's something i don't take for granted in this hobby.

Apr 11, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #934 of 1,276
I agree with up late. It's an awesome piece in more ways than one.
I used to use its dac output but saw that the preamp out was only 1 ohm (dac outs were 25 I think, but don't quote me). So I use that now. I think the speakers sounds less congested now. Plus, I want my loudspeakers to be muted when the headphones are plugged in.
Auditioning a set of Focal Clears at the moment and loving them.

Apr 12, 2018 at 12:49 AM Post #935 of 1,276
i was comparing head-amps using the cv2+'s dac as the source. line out is disabled when the headphone output is in use.

Apr 12, 2018 at 2:37 AM Post #938 of 1,276
hmm i can't describe it.. too much difficult xD
But the noise don't depend of the volume you have in your CV2+, i talked with burson and i got really fast answer for my problem, i will update the story of this...

May 6, 2018 at 5:50 AM Post #939 of 1,276
New SS V6 DNA DAC’c output stage for Conductor V2+, anybody had a chance to compare it to previous one?
https://www.bursonaudio.com/products/conductor-v2-plus/

“The BEST Digital Front

The BEST Digital Front – The Sabre32 DAC is the most expensive and highest performing DAC chip in the world. For the new Conductor V2+, we had to completely redesign all the support circuits around the Sabre chip in order to take its performance to a new high. The new output stage of the DAC has been improved based on the new V6 SS audio opamp . Pure Class A, the new output stage with the V6 opamp DNA is able to reveal micro dynamic that others can only dream of.”

May 6, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #940 of 1,276
New SS V6 DNA DAC’c output stage for Conductor V2+, anybody had a chance to compare it to previous one?
https://www.bursonaudio.com/products/conductor-v2-plus/

“The BEST Digital Front

The BEST Digital Front – The Sabre32 DAC is the most expensive and highest performing DAC chip in the world. For the new Conductor V2+, we had to completely redesign all the support circuits around the Sabre chip in order to take its performance to a new high. The new output stage of the DAC has been improved based on the new V6 SS audio opamp . Pure Class A, the new output stage with the V6 opamp DNA is able to reveal micro dynamic that others can only dream of.”
V6 OPAMP it's currently the opamp... i sended 45 days ago ~ the question about if is v5 or v6, and they responded this:

''

Thank you for your email, it was a typo from our graphics guy. Sorry about this confusion the issue is now corrected.

Dennis ''
@Burson Audio

Last edited:
May 7, 2018 at 2:02 AM Post #941 of 1,276
For all the people that has noise issues out of the preout, get a Jensen Isomax CI-2RR, it truly works ! And if your computer has a noisy feedback get an iFi iUsb to isolate the USB ground. Ever since i got these about a year ago, it helped tremendously with the V2+'s noise issue, where the Jensen made the biggest improvement !

The DAC out seem to be much quieter than the preout, but the thing is that the preout seem to have more life and engaging sound to it for some reason!

I think the Burson V2+ seem to not have any type of filtering inside the unit....
Ive had 2 other DACs with the exact same setup that were dead quiet from the get go without any external filters/ground isolator...

Right now, i simply cannot use my V2+ without the Jensen and iUsb, its that much of a difference!

I truly hope they fix these issue in their next high end DAC! Although... as much as i hate having too many extra devices to fix noise issue, the sound out of the V2+ makes it worth it!

I am starting to get an itch to move on though!

Anyone heard the Auralic Vega alongside the V2+ ?

Last edited:
May 7, 2018 at 3:59 AM Post #942 of 1,276
i've not experienced any noise issues with mine, and i've been using both the dac out and line out extensively for comparative purposes. maybe i got lucky. :wink:

May 7, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #944 of 1,276
For all the people that has noise issues out of the preout, get a Jensen Isomax CI-2RR, it truly works ! And if your computer has a noisy feedback get an iFi iUsb to isolate the USB ground. Ever since i got these about a year ago, it helped tremendously with the V2+'s noise issue, where the Jensen made the biggest improvement !

The DAC out seem to be much quieter than the preout, but the thing is that the preout seem to have more life and engaging sound to it for some reason!

I think the Burson V2+ seem to not have any type of filtering inside the unit....
Ive had 2 other DACs with the exact same setup that were dead quiet from the get go without any external filters/ground isolator...

Right now, i simply cannot use my V2+ without the Jensen and iUsb, its that much of a difference!

I truly hope they fix these issue in their next high end DAC! Although... as much as i hate having too many extra devices to fix noise issue, the sound out of the V2+ makes it worth it!

I am starting to get an itch to move on though!

Anyone heard the Auralic Vega alongside the V2+ ?
Do you mean this weird sound of the dac?

If your answer is yes, you have a defective unit..., my first unit had this problem

May 8, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #945 of 1,276
Someone think the Dac requires more '' burn in '' ( more than 100 hrs ) ?. I think the dac remove that little harsh sound with a lot of burn in ... 150-200? ( without count the hours of pre burn-in )
A new burson have 100 hrs pre burn-in for test it, i read that in this thread

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back