New Burson Conductor - V2 and V2+
May 23, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #961 of 1,276
i'm no expert on sabre chips or their implementation and i have no idea what your level of technical expertise is in this area either, but i have no doubt that burson audio was aware of the 9028pro when they responded to my enquiry. if upgrading the dac in the cv2+ is as simple as you suggest or more complicated than just dropping in a 9028pro chip, it's ultimately their call as to whether it is a viable option worth undertaking. it appears that it is not based on the advice that we have both received from them.

Last edited:
May 23, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #962 of 1,276
I am just quoting ESS on this: "The ES9028PRO is a pin-compatible upgrade for the widely used, previous generation ES9018S."
But I have never designed a DAC before.

May 23, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #963 of 1,276
well all that tells us is that it is a pin compatible replacement for the es9018s. we obviously have no idea of what installing it in the cv2+ would actually involve, but i suspect that burson audio does and they have advised that they won't be upgrading the dac.

Last edited:
May 23, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #964 of 1,276
I'd assume they would have to design a whole new board with the a 90xx dac which would be nice for those who would want to upgrade.

Guess burson see's no market in this/is confident in their current product or might release a new product entirely, hard to say.

May 23, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #965 of 1,276
All this talk of swapping DAC chips and new boards, etc. A new chip does not a great DAC make.
It would have to be a complete overhaul for me to depart with my V2+.
Doesn't anyone just enjoy their V2+ as is like me?
I just received my new pair of Focal Clears and they are sublime with my Burson.

May 26, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #967 of 1,276
There is always something better. :)

Jun 7, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #969 of 1,276
The anticipation of V3+ now grows into me even bigger :anguished:

"it will knock out any challenger under $2000".

A break-through in power delivery it seems!

https://www.bursonaudio.com/products/bang/

Given all these new things now in existence (dac chips, op-amps, MCPS tech) since the release of V2+, the expectations are building up nicely.

Just don't spoil it Burson! Keep it priced under 2K and we are fine :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #971 of 1,276
Hmmmm.... What will be new on the V3+?
I'm loving my 2+ with my brand new Focal Clears.
Also doing double duty in my loudspeaker system.

Jun 8, 2018 at 6:14 AM Post #973 of 1,276
that's correct and there is no factual basis for folks to start speculating about a new iteration or replacement model

Jun 8, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #974 of 1,276
Oh yes there's a factual basis and that is the way Burson does business, releasing new iterations every 2 years or so. Given that, we know V3+ isn't very far. It could be this year or the next, personally I don't care. Right now I'm enjoying V2+.

This thread belongs to V2+ though...My post earlier was just a random comment due to anticipation and excitement and was not intended for diversion related to a product that hasn't appeared yet in the market. :beerchug:

Jun 8, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #975 of 1,276
speculation based on burson's past product releases is not necessarily a predictor for what it may do in the future. you are also overlooking my earlier post relaying burson's advice that they weren't intending to replace the v2+ in the foreseeable future. given that advice, we don't really "know v3+ isn't very far" away. that's the only factual information pertaining to this discussion that i know of at the moment.:slight_smile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back