New Burson Conductor - V2 and V2+
Sep 14, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #766 of 1,276
Sep 14, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #767 of 1,276
Nice review. He compared the V2+ to a couple of amps that I have considered, such as the Violectric V281. It is good to read that he found the differences quite minimal. Law of diminishing returns? Maybe Burson just did a great job with the design here.
Anyway, it was a good read. Thanks for posting the link!

I am already quite happy with the CV2+. This was just a bit of positive reinforcement.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #769 of 1,276
Sep 15, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #770 of 1,276
Just for the record I did review it at the time of its release. You may like the review or not but it's still a review :wink:

Anyway thanks for the link, it's a great read :)

I'm already aware of that and I enjoyed reading your take on V2+ as well as the separate comparisons you've made. :wink:

This is the first review done by a website though. And it came after 18 months of delay! Thorough, and quite an eye-opener I would say.

Sep 15, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #771 of 1,276
I'm already aware of that and I enjoyed reading your take on V2+ as well as the separate comparisons you've made. :wink:

This is the first review done by a website though. And it came after 18 months of delay! Thorough, and quite an eye-opener I would say.

Ha ha, all good mate. There's definitely about time that more reviews pop up of this lovely device though and the one in the link has great comparisons and is generally very well written imo so thanks a lot for posting the link.

Sep 15, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #773 of 1,276
...and it was a great review. I bet most of us read it, peter :)

Thanks!

Thanks man!

I can add that since that time I've got quite a lot other stuff (both headphones and amplifiers/dac's) but the V2+ still remains my favorite unit for the vast majority of my headphones such as the HD650, HD800S,. HE400i and the HE560 (although I prefer my tube DAC connected to it for the HE560).

Sep 15, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #775 of 1,276
Just for the record I did review it at the time of its release. You may like the review or not but it's still a review :wink:

Anyway thanks for the link, it's a great read :)

I think I had read your review previously, but I just dug up the link and re-read it.
Good job! I quite enjoyed reading it , even though it was a re-read. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

BTW, your review and the one that I read yesterday have really calmed down my upgradeitis ...
at least for the time being. The CV2+ does everything I need for the present, and hopefully for a long time to come.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #776 of 1,276
This most recent review confirms what I've heard for myself when I owned the V2+. Always said it has a well implemented Dac. I compared it to the Audio-Gd Master 9 and found they were more similar than different tonally. The Master 9 was smoother. With other amp/ dacs, I always found the V2+ to be either equal or superior sounding than most other amps that I had heard up to that point.i It is a great value and has a very refined feel to it. I eventually found an amp that to my ear was beyond subjectively better , being definitely better. That amp was the Wells Audio Milo but I still have a great fondness for the V2+.

Sep 19, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #777 of 1,276
Still loving my v2+. I ordered a ZMF Atticus which should be here sometime early November.

Sep 20, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #780 of 1,276
I'm also firmly staying in the V2+/Burson camp - it's the least faffing around/allrounder amp that I have owned. I've had it from the onset/first release and have no plans to upgrade (which in itself is unusual) In the end the minimal improvement in SQ you get with kit over double the price is just not worth the hassle - been there already. I've had a look inside this and the accompanying Timekeeper Virtuoso amp I bought at the same time and the build quality/attention to detail and part choice is exceptional. I'm scratching my head as to why there are not more reviews on both these units......possibly being an Aussie outfit could have some part of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back