New: Burson Audio Play Amp/DAC (2W@16Ohm) (op-amp rollers dream)
Apr 17, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #1,172 of 1,256
Does the Bang has any hissing issues?
I’m thinking to get one to pair with EMU-XM7(6 ohm).

At least with the LOW gain I hear no noise, and I paired my BANG with 90dB/W/1m floor-standing speakers (nothing connected to inputs). However, I guess all depends on the DAC you'll be using and if there will be or not ground loops or sensitive interconnects.

Given BANG's price, I wouldn't think twice. I think BANG is the cheapest stereo amp from Earth based on LM3886T chip, with PSU included; it's actually cheaper than some DIY kits.

currently experiencing constant hiss while paired with SB X7.

I don't understand the question, sorry.

P.S.: You might want to move this thread to BANG's thread, to not pollute PLAY's customers. :)

May 26, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #1,175 of 1,256
Nope, and totally not recommended for PLAY.

Actually, you should wait for an official announcement to start this update on PLAYMATE/SWING; AFAIK this page is not indexed nor referenced to Burson's website yet, so let' wait few more weeks. In my case I got failures while trying to update my PLAYMATE on Win8/Win10/Sierra/HighSierra, so let's just wait.

May 26, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #1,176 of 1,256
Burson isn't shy about letting you mod their products. If they state it'll cause irreversible damage I'd trust that statement.

May 31, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #1,178 of 1,256
This is sick, nothing works for me:

burson fail.PNG
This is what I get all the time no matter how hard I try to follow these instructions :D

Jun 13, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #1,184 of 1,256
Answer is from Burson: "The main change is at the power supply section. The improved design offers a lower noise floor to compare the previous version. "
If the mains noise issues from the previous PCB are solved with the 2.3, the Play might be the hottest Burson's deal at the moment, for only $199.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back