1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New: Burson Audio Play Amp/DAC (2W@16Ohm) (op-amp rollers dream)

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by ostewart, Sep 20, 2017.
First

Back
69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78
80 81
Next

Last
  1. kebcy
    It works very well now! Crystal crisp clear sound coming through.

2. raoultrifan
    At least with the LOW gain I hear no noise, and I paired my BANG with 90dB/W/1m floor-standing speakers (nothing connected to inputs). However, I guess all depends on the DAC you'll be using and if there will be or not ground loops or sensitive interconnects.

Given BANG's price, I wouldn't think twice. I think BANG is the cheapest stereo amp from Earth based on LM3886T chip, with PSU included; it's actually cheaper than some DIY kits.

I don't understand the question, sorry.

P.S.: You might want to move this thread to BANG's thread, to not pollute PLAY's customers. :)

3. Eiffel
    I've heard some mention about something like that - from those who didn't know Bang comes with the gain set to high for input.
    Just put it on low and hiss should disappear.

4. Rolley
  5. raoultrifan
    Nope, and totally not recommended for PLAY.

Actually, you should wait for an official announcement to start this update on PLAYMATE/SWING; AFAIK this page is not indexed nor referenced to Burson's website yet, so let' wait few more weeks. In my case I got failures while trying to update my PLAYMATE on Win8/Win10/Sierra/HighSierra, so let's just wait.

6. Voxata
    Burson isn't shy about letting you mod their products. If they state it'll cause irreversible damage I'd trust that statement.

Baten and raoultrifan like this.
  7. Asahi Templar
    Deleted wrong thread

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  8. Dżoneł
    This is sick, nothing works for me:

burson fail.PNG
    This is what I get all the time no matter how hard I try to follow these instructions :D

9. raoultrifan
    Do not try to update the firmware in PLAY!

10. Eiffel
    This is the PLAY thread. You may induce in error PLAY users and make them brick their device.
    The firmware is not for PLAY.

11. Dżoneł
    That's true indeed. I posted in the wrong thread. I meant PLAYMAYE of course. Sorry guys, DON'T do this to PLAY.

12. jarza
    Does anyone know whats the difference between PCB 2.2 vs PCB 2.3 ?

13. jarza
    Answer is from Burson: "The main change is at the power supply section. The improved design offers a lower noise floor to compare the previous version. "

14. DjBobby
    If the mains noise issues from the previous PCB are solved with the 2.3, the Play might be the hottest Burson's deal at the moment, for only $199.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  15. jarza
    @DjBobby That wasnt full answer they also said this "It will depend on the type of headphone you are using with the unit if your headphone is not so sensitive you may not detect the difference."

DjBobby likes this.
First

Back
69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78
80 81
Next

Last