New budget Swans M10 computer speakers at The Audio Insider
Oct 12, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #17 of 91
Well I just called them up, and was told that all their orders ship they day after they're placed, despite what the order status says on their website. So warrior05, we should be getting them in a couple days!

Oct 12, 2007 at 5:57 PM Post #18 of 91
I ordered mine on Thursday, i figured for 100 bucks, they had to sound better than my current philips wal-mart speakers, plus I'm not sure if i have ever seen a better looking 2.1 setup in my life. Any more thoughts on sub placement?

Oct 12, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #20 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by tpc41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered mine on Thursday, i figured for 100 bucks, they had to sound better than my current philips wal-mart speakers, plus I'm not sure if i have ever seen a better looking 2.1 setup in my life. Any more thoughts on sub placement?

If the sub is shielded then the easiest spot would be dead center. I agree that these should sell like water in the desert lol.

Oct 13, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #21 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by umcloud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I just called them up, and was told that all their orders ship they day after they're placed, despite what the order status says on their website. So warrior05, we should be getting them in a couple days!

Cool! Thanks for checking. I've been out of town and never got around to calling them. Guess I should have mine early next week. The race is on!
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 13, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #22 of 91
Son of a.....

Those are dead sexy, I need new PC speakers, and the price is right....the only thing missing is money in my pocket..I have some, but I dunno if it'd be the responsible thing to do...dammit....

Oct 13, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #23 of 91
Will be interesting to hear how these stack up.

I really like the look of their $70 T-amp system with the 3" full-range speakers.

8e5e6dad03e5401c7ae0ee6d2bfe9a7a.jpg

Oct 13, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #25 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheezies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How at these compared to the Logitech Z-2300? No comparison?

Kinda hard to tell, since nobody actually has them yet, and I've never heard that particular speaker. But I sure hope the Swans sound better, seeing as they specialize in hi-fi loudspeakers, and Logitech specializes in ... keyboards.

Edit: In all fairness, I've been using these Logitech speakers for a couple years, and they're not that terrible - for movies and games. The tonal balance is pretty whacked out, meaning that music never sounds quite "right", but hey, they're $40 speakers. What I'm hoping to find in the Swans is a more refined, balanced sound. The Z-2300, from what I understand (never heard them, so I could be wrong), is all about thumping bass and filling the room with sound.

Oct 13, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #26 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheezies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How at these compared to the Logitech Z-2300? No comparison?

Safe to assume they are in another universe in terms of SQ.

Space hates Logitech!

lol seriously the speakers used in the Swans are highly regarded by the DIY crowd so feel free to plan on buying these as soon as someone reviews them.

Oct 14, 2007 at 7:41 AM Post #27 of 91
There is a Hivi retail store in Pasadena about a mile from my university. I might drop in Monday to pick up a set. Looks like I might beat the guys that ordered online to the punch. I'll post pictures and impressions if they have them in stock.

Oct 16, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #29 of 91
Correction on the cotton bags - they're some synthetic material but still in all... nice touch. When I lifted the sub I heard something move inside. Taking a flashlight to the port it looks like an extra bass port that the manufacturer enclosed by mistake. If everything sounds fine I'll just open up the back and remove it.

My current set-up is far from ideal since I forgot to make myself some 1/4" to RCA ICs. I have an 1/8" to RCAs IC and I have that hooked up to my Vibez.

Out of the box - these sound far nicer than most "computer speakers". I won't provide any specific listening impressions yet since I'm only on my first song but so far so good.

Oct 17, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #30 of 91
Yeah, looks like you're the first - I was really hoping mine would arrive today, but alas... maybe tomorrow. That sure is strange about the loose part in the sub - hopefully they didn't resort to sloppy manufacturing to try and reduce cost. Good to hear that they're sounding good, at least upon first listen. Damn... I really want mine to get here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back