NEW Brainwavz R1 - Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones!!!
Oct 13, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #53 of 80
Quote:
I hope this is an upgrade to GR99 and GR06.

If these $40 earphones are an upgrade from the GR06, I'd sh** myself.
eek.gif

I was sorta disappointed by the M4s when they came out. I hope these are better.

You know what? 
For the first time in my life I actually want to **it myself. ROFL

Oct 22, 2012 at 7:09 AM Post #55 of 80
Who knows when they will arrive. Supposed to be dispatched on the 16th and then get to the UK.
If they are better than the GR06, I may have to eat my shoes.

Let us know how your shoes taste mate. lol

Oct 22, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #56 of 80
My IEMs have arrived just now. No custom fees and clean, quick delivery that I'm happy with.

I am going to burn them in for a week or two, then give them a listen and comparison to a couple of iem's I've got at hand. 

I've got to say though, the packaging is excellent. That's something I've never said before about ANY of the IEM's I've bought simply because they haven't impressed me much (most often annoyed me more like). I like the facade of the R1 packaging box- it's a real nice blend of maroon/brown/gold/red colours. The way it opens out is well thought out, simple, clean and tidy where the same can be said of the interior. There are only two pieces of plastic holding the iems and the case. Quick to take out. Quick and easy to put back if need be. Oh, and of course, the tips, paperwork and accessories are neatly contained in the nice hard case.

Oct 22, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #57 of 80
mine arrieved today. they are smooth with a little bloated sub bass and recessed highs. they are ok for the price, but no giant killers or something to write home about by any means. you will find similar sounding iems for a comparable price in the line ups of philips, sony, jvc without an afford.

Oct 22, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #58 of 80
mine arrieved today. they are smooth with a little bloated sub bass and recessed highs. they are ok for the price, but no giant killers or something to write home about by any means. you will find similar sounding iems for a comparable price in the line ups of philips, sony, jvc without an afford.

Maybe you should run them in for a while then make these sort of accusations?

A lot of earphones sound recessed in some frequencies when they're new.

Spun out from my RenovateD and NCX'd HTC One X!

Oct 22, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #59 of 80
i just ordered 2, one for my bro and one for me!

and luckily there's free fedex service!!

Oct 22, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #60 of 80
What accusations?

Saying a product is as good/bad as other price comparable products is not an accusation, it is an opinion. It is allowed.

Whilst I agree with break in, and it can make a difference (I'll find out soon). I really don't know where you are coming from...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back