NEW! Bose QC25 2014
Dec 8, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #181 of 368
I just realized that the Belkin 3.5mm-to-3.5mm cable I've been using as a headphone cable for the QC15 actually switches the channels! It's embarrassing that it took me this long to notice. It happened when the guitar at the beginning of a song was coming out of the right channel, but with the stock cable, it's actually from the left channel. I suspect it has something to do with how the QC15's electronics work. I hope the same problem doesn't happen when I get the V-MODA cable...

Dec 12, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #184 of 368
These headphones are probably the least comfortable headphones I've ever used. They squeeze your head so hard you can't even imagine. I tried to stretch the headband for days, with no luck. I seriously wanted to love them but I simply can't, they hurt so much! The sound is great, the Noise Cancelling is too. However, I'm baffled because I don't understand how these are considered one of the most comfortable headphones on the market. It is not true. If you are consider buying these, please try them on for atleast 30 minutes not for a sound quality check, but for a comfort quality check!

Dec 12, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #185 of 368
  These headphones are probably the least comfortable headphones I've ever used. They squeeze your head so hard you can't even imagine. I tried to stretch the headband for days, with no luck. I seriously wanted to love them but I simply can't, they hurt so much! The sound is great, the Noise Cancelling is too. However, I'm baffled because I don't understand how these are considered one of the most comfortable headphones on the market. It is not true. If you are consider buying these, please try them on for atleast 30 minutes not for a sound quality check, but for a comfort quality check!

Wow this is the opposite of my experience. I've tried other headphones and these were the most comfortable.  I tried V-Moda M100 and thought they were the most uncomfortable thing that I ever wore.

Dec 12, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #186 of 368

Did you try the QC15 as well? I've never worn the QC25, but have owned the QC15 for years. Many (including myself) consider them to be one of the most comfortable headphones out there, but I guess they changed a few things with its successor.

Dec 12, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #187 of 368
I have the AE2 and the QC25. I have a rather large skull. Both Bose cans are the most comfortable cans that I had the pleasure of wearing. Maybe bloop wears them wrong sided. Left side has the cable.

Dec 12, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #188 of 368
Just letting you know that replacing the cable on the Bose QC25 with another cable (in my case a Shure) makes a huge difference in output level & sound quality. I don't know if my Bose factory cable was dodgy but I was disappointed with the muffled, low volume, I took the cable out & put in a Shure 2.5/3.5 and there is indeed a huge difference, maybe around 6-7db more output & clearer sound overall. 

Dec 12, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #189 of 368
  Just letting you know that replacing the cable on the Bose QC25 with another cable (in my case a Shure) makes a huge difference in output level & sound quality. I don't know if my Bose factory cable was dodgy but I was disappointed with the muffled, low volume, I took the cable out & put in a Shure 2.5/3.5 and there is indeed a huge difference, maybe around 6-7db more output & clearer sound overall. 

Thanks for sharing!

In case you didn't see, I experimented with this with the QC15 and am still experimenting with at least one future cable. Although the Belkin cable I used sounded better in some ways (at least partially due to the fact that it doesn't have the extra electronics of the stock cable), the channels were reversed and there were still some sound quality issues.

Are the channels the same for you? The easiest way to tell is to listen to a song where something distinct comes from one channel at the beginning, then switch the cable to make sure there's no channel reversal.

Dec 12, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #190 of 368

Wow this is the opposite of my experience. I've tried other headphones and these were the most comfortable.  I tried V-Moda M100 and thought they were the most uncomfortable thing that I ever wore.

Are you sure you're talking about the QC25s? 
tongue.gif

Seriously...these are among the most comfortable headphones out there...even with my large melon. 
redface.gif

Dec 13, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #192 of 368

No channel reversal for me. More listening confirms there is a massive difference in output level, slightly clearer sound (maybe just because it's louder). However sound quality wise, these headphones are no match at all for my usual KRK-KNS 8400 which are 200$ cheaper and sound much better, dynamic, detailed. That for me, despite pretty good NC is a disappointment.

Dec 14, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #193 of 368
  No channel reversal for me. More listening confirms there is a massive difference in output level, slightly clearer sound (maybe just because it's louder). However sound quality wise, these headphones are no match at all for my usual KRK-KNS 8400 which are 200$ cheaper and sound much better, dynamic, detailed. That for me, despite pretty good NC is a disappointment.

Any chance you have a model number for the cable or model of the headphone that it came with?  Have found a couple of good looking options online but definitely need to know first which headphones your cable came from. 

Thanks!

Dec 15, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #194 of 368
Dec 16, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #195 of 368
Mine were from the SHR840 I think. But I wouldn't recommend doing what I did, I had to cut the plastic around the 2.5mm jack so they would fit in, it was too big otherwise. I am using my Bose QC25 to watch films mostly, the NC works extremely well for low frequency like fans, air conditioning, traffic. Sound quality for music is passable, but seems to get better with time, or maybe I am just getting used to them? My KRK are definitely more detailed, dynamic and I still use them for recording, mixing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back