NEW! Bose QC25 2014
Jan 4, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #211 of 368
What kind of music do you listen to and at which levels? I listen to a lot instrumental and pop at lower level and here the QC25 helps nearly everywhere outdoors and in transportation like train, bus or plane. It can also block party noise from the neighbors.

I listen to just about everything, usually slightly loud, but sometimes softer too. I'm sure it would help; all I'm saying is that, since I'm collecting high fidelity headphones now and may get speakers as well, the only reason I'd get the QC25 is if those types of public situations greatly interfered with listening to music, which wasn't the case years ago, in my experience. Maybe I'll do a comparison test someday.

Jan 9, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #212 of 368
Anyone know if the OE2 headphone cable is compatible with the QC25?

Jan 9, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #213 of 368
  Anyone know if the OE2 headphone cable is compatible with the QC25?

Have both. And no the cables are not compatible at all.

Jan 9, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #214 of 368
Meaning the 2.5mm won't fit into the cup due to thickness of the barrel or is it something else?

Jan 14, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #216 of 368
helps
Meaning the 2.5mm won't fit into the cup due to thickness of the barrel or is it something else?

I read in quite a few pages ago that the canal is quite thin thats PROBABLY why, I am not 100% sure, but there is quite a few who have had problems with it on pages before this.

Picking up mine tomorrow, maybe the day after that. God it will feel awesome to be able to listen to music on the bus without cranking up the volume! (using b&W p5)

Jan 14, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #217 of 368
God it will feel awesome to be able to listen to music on the bus without cranking up the volume! (using b&W p5)

Oh, wait...that's why I never felt I needed noise cancelling on buses and planes: I listen at higher volumes anyway. XD

So an argument could be made that NC protects your hearing in those situations.

Jan 15, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #218 of 368
Oh, wait...that's why I never felt I needed noise cancelling on buses and planes: I listen at higher volumes anyway. XD

So an argument could be made that NC protects your hearing in those situations.

I've seen you quite a lot around here although I don't post much... I usually put up the volume a bit as well, it usually make the sound a bit more clear in my opinion but sometimes when you want to sleep it could be nice as well as some songs where there is a bit of pauses in the songs.
I suppose that could be an argument but when people put up the volume it's usually not to block out sound, rather because they want to have a higher volume? Of courss sometimes it could be to block out sound.

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #219 of 368
OH MY GOD, These headphones are DANGEROUS! I tell you!
I picked mine up, put them on, turned the NC on, and were (sort of) suprised of how well it performed (although I did test my friends QC 25).
Then when I walked home, I realized a car just passed me without me hearing of noticing it. 
I were hungry and walked into a restaurant, where some girls were eating behind me.
I ordered my food and the man started to work, suddenly I saw his lips move, and took of my headphones to ask what he were saying (totally silent) and realized it was the girls behind me who said goodbye and went out the door. 
These beasts are scary to use! :wink:
First impression is amazing though!

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #220 of 368
I've seen you quite a lot around here although I don't post much... I usually put up the volume a bit as well, it usually make the sound a bit more clear in my opinion but sometimes when you want to sleep it could be nice as well as some songs where there is a bit of pauses in the songs.
I suppose that could be an argument but when people put up the volume it's usually not to block out sound, rather because they want to have a higher volume? Of courss sometimes it could be to block out sound.

That's because I do post much.
wink.gif

Where else did you see me?
biggrin.gif

Yeah, the effect of higher volume is that it just happens to mask external noise better than lower volume does.

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #221 of 368

That's because I do post much.
wink.gif

Where else did you see me?
biggrin.gif

Yeah, the effect of higher volume is that it just happens to mask external noise better than lower volume does.

EVERYWHERE, not sure, I usually check in on this site every now and then when there is something I want to check up. But I am bad at recalling sometimes, so, sorry.

It takes a while to get used to if you ask me, it feels really wierd when they on NC but there's no sound.

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #222 of 368
  EVERYWHERE, not sure, I usually check in on this site every now and then when there is something I want to check up. But I am bad at recalling sometimes, so, sorry.

It takes a while to get used to if you ask me, it feels really wierd when they on NC but there's no sound.

Fair enough. Being an Alchemist, I am everywhere, after all. =P

I've used the QC15 for years, so it's not too strange for me...but I would never wear them while walking around in public. (As you said, that could be dangerous.)

Jan 21, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #223 of 368
You should try the QC25 driving 140km/h on a highway. Not that I am planning to do that more than once, but that was surreal and awesome at the same time!

No car engine noises at all, I felt like being part of a live performance of "Autobahn" by Kraftwerk. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e11h73WhqK4

Well, maybe the playlist selection was the real reason for that funny experience. And no - no drugs involved :wink:

Feb 1, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #224 of 368
Based on what everyone has been saying I got the QC25s. I have the QC15s. These are just a bit better in every way: sound quality, noise cancelling, fold smaller, plus if the battery runs out I can still use them. So, I put the QC15s up in the for sale forum. Thanks to everyone for the recommendation!

Feb 1, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #225 of 368
  Based on what everyone has been saying I got the QC25s. I have the QC15s. These are just a bit better in every way: sound quality, noise cancelling, fold smaller, plus if the battery runs out I can still use them. So, I put the QC15s up in the for sale forum. Thanks to everyone for the recommendation!

Good luck with the sale! I traded my QC15 for a V-MODA Crossfade LP. Didn't get an equal trade for the $300 I originally paid, and I prefer the QC15 overall, but oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back