NEW! Bose QC25 2014
Feb 2, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #226 of 368
The dead silent background of the QC 15 and QC 25 is sooo seductive!

Feb 7, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #229 of 368
Hello, I am hoping for some insight.

I am now using B&W P5 at the office, as some of you will know are they on the ear—I will like to have an around the ear type of headphone for comfort and better sound isolation.

I am considering the QC 25, or the Sennheiser Momentum, they will always be used from my iPhone for music and calls, I will sometimes use them from my PC for Lync call’s.

I am thinking that the Momentum is a better headphone, especially if I use a AMP—but as I will not use a AMP the QC 25 will be the winner as it has both a build inn amp and NC, does that sounds as a fair statement?

Kind regards

Morten

Feb 7, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #230 of 368
I have the QC25 and I had a listen to a Momentum when it first came out. The Momentum had very small ear cups, so I was not interseted on any further examination, because they where too small for me. The sound was quite good though. The QC25 on the other hand is a winner comfort wise. And it still amazes me how good they sound. On top you get a noise cancelleation that is unbeliveable good. Maybe the latest XXL Momentum would fit my bill, but now I have the QC25.

Feb 7, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #232 of 368
I only have the AE2 on hand, but they are not too different to the sound true afaik. Compared to the QC25, they sound similar somehow, but the QC sounds more refined with female voices and has a better staging. This is only true when the QC is running active. The passive mode is audible different from the active mode.

Feb 7, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #233 of 368
  I only have the AE2 on hand, but they are not too different to the sound true afaik. Compared to the QC25, they sound similar somehow, but the QC sounds more refined with female voices and has a better staging. This is only true when the QC is running active. The passive mode is audible different from the active mode.

The only Bose I've heard at length is the QC15, which as you know, I owned for years. I can't recall what you posted about the QC15 in the past, if anything. Would you say the AE2 sounds better than the QC15? I already have much better headphones anyway, but the styling of the black SoundTrue does appeal to me. It's something I might consider in the future for a portable headphone. So the QC25 sounds better to you with the noise cancelling on? I believe you posted about that in another thread related to using external amps with it.

Feb 7, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #234 of 368
  I have the QC25 and I had a listen to a Momentum when it first came out. The Momentum had very small ear cups, so I was not interseted on any further examination, because they where too small for me. The sound was quite good though. The QC25 on the other hand is a winner comfort wise. And it still amazes me how good they sound. On top you get a noise cancelleation that is unbeliveable good. Maybe the latest XXL Momentum would fit my bill, but now I have the QC25.

Actually the new over-ear Momentums are no longer "semi on-ears", they are real circumaural headphones! The comfort is quite a bit better and the sound has opened up with better extension up top. I really admire the QC25s (I happen to own them FWIW), but unless you need the NC, I'd seriously look into the new Momentums (SQ, they are the better headphone).

Feb 7, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #235 of 368
  Actually the new over-ear Momentums are no longer "semi on-ears", they are real circumaural headphones! The comfort is quite a bit better and the sound has opened up with better extension up top. I really admire the QC25s (I happen to own them FWIW), but unless you need the NC, I'd seriously look into the new Momentums (SQ, they are the better headphone).

Oh, so there's a new version of the over-ear MOMENTUM with larger ear pads than the original?

(Didn't notice any difference in size from the images on the old and new product page on their website.)

I've only worn the on-ear version and it was rather...unpleasant. (I may have worn the over-ear as well, but don't recall.)

Feb 7, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #236 of 368

Oh, so there's a new version of the over-ear MOMENTUM with larger ear pads than the original?

(Didn't notice any difference in size from the images on the old and new product page on their website.)

I've only worn the on-ear version and it was rather...unpleasant. (I may have worn the over-ear as well, but don't recall.)

Yep...a new over-ear and on-ear versions have been released. There are also bluetooth versions. I've got a pair of over and on-ears that I'll be adding here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/672743/comparisons-23-of-the-top-closed-portable-headphones-around/2850#post_11294438

Feb 8, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #237 of 368

Hallo MacedonianHero

Thanks for your post, so for everyday use in an office driven directly from an iPhone and you want to introduce some silence will you recommend the new Momentum over the QC 25?

I have listened to the QC 25 and like to sound, easy to listen to but it is nowhere near my DX90 and Spiral Ears REF 5--I understand that...

Kind regards Morten

Feb 11, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #240 of 368
Well, picked up a pair today.

Until now I am happy with them, good comfort and the noise of the office is dramatic reduced.

I find that I listen to my music at a lower volume than before, they do not need as much volume as my B&W P5 to sound good.

They are also fine for talking calls on the phone and Lync, a important issue for me.

Kind regards Morten

Users who are viewing this thread

Back